Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

Birthright / Spelljammer crossover

Must be that time of the year (or decade) again!

I know of the existance of this:

http://sjml.spelljammer.org/archive/...27-000012.html

I appreciate the effort, but I was wishing for a Birthright-sphere with more involvement of the common tropes of the BR setting. Fighting wars, ruling domains, the bloodlines, etc.

So I'm working (big word) on my own conversion, and I was thinking to go about it like this:

Apart from Aebrynis, there are 7 other planets, the very homes of the ancient gods (Anduiras, Reynir, Vorynn, etc.)

Each of this planet is strongly aligned to the theme of the ancient gods (for example, Anduiras is a Air planet, ruled by a caste of noble warriors). Each planet is so impregnated with the essence of one god, that the ruling elite of each planet is able to manifest Blood Abilites, and rule the land (same as in Aebrynis).

By ancient agreements, the leader of each planet had decided to protect Aebrynis from any outside influence, keeping the people of that world cut away from Spelljamming influences. The reason being that Aebrynis was a world created by all 7 gods in a joint effort to create a planet where "balance" could be achieved. They all sent a fraction of their people, those without blood abilities, to colonize this young world.

This of course all went bad when Azrai tried to dominate Aebrynis, then the gods had to intervene directly, and we all know how that ended up.

When the gods died, the people of the 7 planets decided to keep the standing agreement, and not interfering with Aebrynis. Of course here and there someone broke the deal, but never on such a scale as to make the people of Aebrynis aware of the full idea of Spelljamming.

The 7 planets now protect Aebrynis from any outside influence, while warring with each other for domination of the Sphere.

Ok, this is all a chaotic idea inside my brain for the moment, but I'd like to hear some thoughts if you're interested.

Ideas for the 7 planets:

Andoran - air planet, several floating island ruled by orders of Knights
    Rynnar - live planet, huge forests
    Barenna - merchant planet
    El-bassah - asteroids around the sun, powerful fire mages
    Messala - water planet, Masetians are still alive, great explorers
    Vossar - Vos-like people, but less warlike, and more inclined to magic-use?
    Azath - the dark planet, albino humans with snake-like features
    Last edited by Delazar; 07-14-2015 at 11:11 AM.

Thread Information