First post, so I'm a little shy. Forgive me.

I am playing a Birthright game now. I am an heir of the Roele line, found the sword of Roele, the banner, etc.. The game is epic and my goal is (obviously) to unite the land and try to put Anuire back together. The GM asked me if I was ok with this role as I had the most experience in the game and knew the history/background. I'm also not a big powergamer (which he was also looking for.)

The problem is this. My party is giving me grief about my birthright. They all want to rule as equals (I think some kind of council) that is all equal, without a figure head. After playing this game for over a year, working on how to move strategically, building my diplomatic relations, etc.. And I feel like they are trying to take away everything my character has worked for because they want to micromanage everything. This group never agrees on anything, not to mention the fact that some of the lands I want to begin investing belonged to my father (in game.) Yet, they are insisting that everyone be equal, 100% the same.

I'm trying very hard to be accomodating, but the more I try to explain to them that this is my Birthright and that I'd love an advisory council and would love for them to help me, that I can't see Anuire being ruled by council, especially one that cannot agree. The more I try to make them see my point, the angrier and pettier they get. One player threatened to walk off the game.

I just need some honest feedback on this. If I wasn't a descendent of Roele who was given this destiny, I guess I'd feel different? But, do I have a right to be a little peeved? I've done all this work and they want to jump in and take over. None of them are landed regents or have parents who are landed regents. I'm just so confused and the game isn't fun for me anymore. I feel like if I give in, my character will be giving up his birthright. Even the GM is upset and agrees with me that the group is being greedy.

Am I in the wrong? I just need some outside opinions. Maybe I really am being a tyrant here.