Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Weekly Turns et al

Weekly turns for Monthly actions; so three weeks per season, and a week for me to process; so for instance due every Friday, with a two day turnaround to start again Monday; five days per turn but a week total.

And action streamline to cut the total to say 5-10 possible actions, with 1 action per lieutenant per season, not per month, and only 1 action per regent per month.

A typical ruler then, has 4 actions per season.

Free actions...I figure you get what you pay for; anything useful is not free.

I'm also thinking of breaking up the largest and strongest Realms; Avanil & Ghoere, and maybe also Mhoried, Boeruine, and Alamie for balance, so that every realm can be played.

On the other hand, I might first only take apps for southern-eastern realms, and then add north and east as things go; leaving Dhoesone for last.

Also, I'm definately going to hold back the Awnshegh realms (duh) and probably Thurazor, 5Peaks, Sielwode, Tuarhievel, and Baruk as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Real life may interfere badly in a weekly game - if someone takes two weeks off for holiday / illness for example.

I would suggest people can give in a several months at a time to reduce 'missed goes' and allow you to do some plotting.

I would suggest alternate weekends - one for them to work it all out, one for you to process. It leaves you time for family / chores etc...

Diplomacy can go on all the time of course, so for the players it never really stops. Plus the players get time to whine about any 'mistakes' you made in interpreting their 'clear' instructions on troop movement.

Rjurik Winds is going well - turn 4 now, although we have an unfortunate excess of Gorgon's in the game (1 too many) but from a workload point I have 500 saved emails since mid January - the DM, Charles, must have had a LOT more as he is cc'd in on all of them...

Good point on timelines...

And I'm hoping that while diplomacy can go on all the time, formal diplomacy - which I see as the decree that binds the treaty - is a 'Major Create' action that requires a Regent Action, 1 GB, and 1 RP.

I'm ok with advance submission; and seeing as there will likely be people from all over, I'll try to have a consistant cutoff time...but with the understanding that servers are off sometimes, and realistically, I'll be off sometimes too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd certainly be interested in playing in such a game, if you're still looking to run it.

I might...trying to work out the 'cleanlining' of the action and realm building...as well as get an editable map...that's not so easy.

useless comment

When I first saw the posting for this I was very excited, but it turns out I am far to old school, I like my hack and slash with the politics set as a back drop, and really don't know enough about 3.5, or 3.anything rules to make an informed decition.
    I wish you the best... but I think you guys are out of my league.

Death by Firewall

Seems as though a change to either my corp firewall or RPOL has rendered my birthright dream stillborn. At least I didn't start the game and then fold.

RPOL firewall issues...maybe something like...

How would people feel about 'traditional' adventure play without the strategic or bloodlines aspect of Birthright? I am considering running via a yahoogroup something more traditional, but is there really a point to running a traditional game in the birthright setting?

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I were to run an e-mail game, an adventure based game is the way I'd go. Because its set in Cerilia, though, I'd set it in courts, among the elite, and place not the PC's fates in jeopardy, but their realms. Espionage, Diplomacy, Warfare, and Intrigue. These are the four horseman of the Birthright setting.

I just don't know if i could carry that off effectively...I can think of a few novels that had that as their focus, but novels are adventure games of one - GM&PC combined. I play a fair bit of the 'Diplomacy' board game on line, and don't think that I can outwit anyone...<g>

Thread Information