Threaded View

Question about an audio-book style introduction?

---- Current Download Links ---- 16-01-2009
    - Pages

http://rapidshare.com/files/18455920...-_Draft_02.mp3

- Failures (Warning, full of swearing, and not much point. Mostly for my own amusement are these being saved. I'm just curious to see how big this side will get by the time it's all done!

http://rapidshare.com/files/18456141...-_Failures.mp3

---- Original Post ----

Well, thanks to RyanCaveney's help, I've gotten my urges to work on conversion work moved a lot further along, and settled me more on the idea of a converted birthright setting in full, rather than just swiping the Strategy Game side of it out. The work is slow going unless someone else happens to be a gurps guru and has already tackled the bloodline powers.. but since that's somewhat unlikely, it's a case of 'It'll get done when it gets done.'

However, when stumped on a spot, I like to move to the next. In this case, game preparation. I know my group.. a 30'ish page booklet of beautifully put together setting and background information? They're never going to read it. Maybe 1-2 pages, but that's all. Now.. listening, that's another story.

I've got a penchant for audio-books and while listening to one, I just blinked a bit and said, "Why the heck can't _I_ sit down and read/record the booklet out?"

So, a couple of questions. First, legality. Can I distribute this recording if/when I do it, on here? (Files obviously hosted elsewhere for size.) It's not for pay, it doesn't give one a full product (the whole boxed set), nor any of the rules.

Second, is there a good pronunciation guide around? A -thorough- one, so I don't have stumbling blocks in the myriad names of families and places? I've already got a mind on how things should sound to me, -but- if I'm going to share it, I'd like accuracy.

No guarantees I'll be doing this at all, but I rather like the idea, and have the good quality mono-microphones to do it. .. On the other hand, if someone's done it already, feel free to point me at the stuff and save myself quite a bit more hassle!

- Shirra
    Last edited by ShirraWhitefur; 01-16-2009 at 10:50 PM.

Thread Information