Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 91
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    24
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I currently play a character that does not always go with the ideas of the whole group. My character has been threatened by the other members of the group, and I am now in the act of killing most of the group so that I may protect myself from them.

    I am lucky that my DM cares more about the game than the feelings of the players. He knows much of what I plan to do, and has been told enough to figure out the rest. It is good to have a DM that will not thwart my plans just becuase I happen to be going against the group.

    Have any of you ever gone against the group in such a harsh way?

    Also remember to complete the poll attached to this thread. Tell me what you think should happen to me.
    I am not Death, but only his shadow. He might take you into the light, but I take you from the darkness.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Lawgiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Murray, KY
    Posts
    1,054
    Downloads
    9
    Uploads
    0
    Its only happened in my group once by a very immature player. He ended up getting killed anyway. He only played with our group twice. We indirectly voted him off the island.

    Role-playing is generally a group game. The idea is fun for everyone. Yes, there are times when a PC will disagree and it is occassionally necessary to truly remain in character. But these situations are very rare indeed. A mature player and DM will eventually strive for some sort of middle ground. In a normal AD&D campaign its much more difficult to run a divided party. Since Birthright can often be played with oposing regents there will obviously be a difference of opinion or out right war between PC factions. But if they are from a single realm, it is logical that they would be unified to some degree, or at least not be so strained as to attmpt to kill each other. Perhaps taking up the role as a mole or double agent for an enemy regent would be a "safer" route to go. Of course it could wind up getting you hung, but at least it would be in character. ;)
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

    Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    BR mailing list
    Posts
    1,562
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    My first ever Wizard Character from nearly 20 years ago (who I still manage
    to play very rarely when my old friend wants to play) totally
    destroyed/enslaved his entire party when they tried to take away his shiny
    new magic item. But I did that in one fell swoop immediately when they
    tried to take it away from me. Dalor Darden has been pretty much a loner
    ever since.


    Tony

    P.S. what poll?

    ----Original Message Follows----
    From: NinjaCorps <brnetboard@BIRTHRIGHT.NET>


    NinjaCorps wrote:
    I currently play a character that does not always go with the ideas of the
    whole group. My character has been threatened by the other members of the
    group, and I am now in the act of killing most of the group so that I may
    protect myself from them.

    I am lucky that my DM cares more about the game than the feelings of the
    players. He knows much of what I plan to do, and has been told enough to
    figure out the rest. It is good to have a DM that will not thwart my plans
    just becuase I happen to be going against the group.

    Have any of you ever gone against the group in such a harsh way?

    Also remember to complete the poll attached to this thread.

    __________________________________________________ _______________
    MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*.
    http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus

    ************************************************** **************************
    The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    Birthright-l Archives: http://oracle.wizards.com/archives/birthright-l.html
    To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.
    NOTE: Messages posted by Birthright-L are automatically inserted posts originating from the mailing list linked to the forum.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    24
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    As you are sure to know, I am new to this site. However I am not all that new to the world of BR.

    I love the BR world and find it goes well with my gaming talents. I mostly love that I may do more than just what my lone character is able to do. I find the world a great challenge and enjoy it for its challenging nature.

    My character is "Ninja" and is therefor a bit more against the group.(I say ninja with quotaion marks becaue he is not a ninja by D&D standards, but only by his own.) My character would not be so against the group if they were not such easy targets, did not threaten me, and we on my side, but they are not. Instead I have been threatened by one of them inparticular, and I now plot his death.(His death will take place today.) Another PC I will be killng today is not so much becuase his character goes against mine, but more becuase once he finds out that my character has killed the other member he will be against me.(If that makes sense.)

    I am excited at the prospect of killing an enemy though, even if it is a good friend of mine. I hope it does not cause any problems in the group, it is not personal. With any luck I will be able to kill them in their sleep and make it seem as though I did not do it.(Even the players will not know what has happened. That is, if I am able to pull it off the way I want to.)

    I am glad we are in a dungeon so their people will not see me kill them. I could probibly kill them in their own beds anyway, but this is easier.

    I love ninjas, stealth is an amazing tool. With it I am unseen, unknown, and unkillable.
    I am not Death, but only his shadow. He might take you into the light, but I take you from the darkness.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Lawgiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Murray, KY
    Posts
    1,054
    Downloads
    9
    Uploads
    0
    Originally posted by Birthright-L
    Tony

    P.S. what poll?

    Join the real posters on the actual message boards instead of the mailing list and find out. ;)
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

    Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Lawgiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Murray, KY
    Posts
    1,054
    Downloads
    9
    Uploads
    0
    Originally posted by NinjaCorps
    My character is "Ninja" and is therefor a bit more against the group.(I say ninja with quotaion marks becaue he is not a ninja by D&D standards, but only by his own.) My character would not be so against the group if they were not such easy targets, did not threaten me, and we on my side, but they are not. Instead I have been threatened by one of them inparticular, and I now plot his death.(His death will take place today.) Another PC I will be killng today is not so much becuase his character goes against mine, but more becuase once he finds out that my character has killed the other member he will be against me.(If that makes sense.)

    I am excited at the prospect of killing an enemy though, even if it is a good friend of mine. I hope it does not cause any problems in the group, it is not personal. With any luck I will be able to kill them in their sleep and make it seem as though I did not do it.(Even the players will not know what has happened. That is, if I am able to pull it off the way I want to.)
    1. Why in the world do you feel you have to assasinate the entire party?
    2. You don't seem understand the concept of group play
    3. You and your DM don't have a clue about the honor of ninja's
    4. Assasinating player characters in their sleep may be legitimate strictly by the rules, but it is hardly "fair" in game terms. How would you respond if the roles were reversed? Would it be different if your PC were high level and a character you invested countless hours in. Dying your sleep is a pretty lame way to go.


    Originally posted by NinjaCorps
    I love ninjas, stealth is an amazing tool. With it I am unseen, unknown, and unkillable.
    No offense but your DM must be a wuss. "The best" are always challenged by aspiring equals. Additionally, from the little you've described you'd have a bounty on your head high enough to be fighting off hunters for months. You'd be hard pressed to survive in my world.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

    Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    BR mailing list
    Posts
    1,562
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    LOL....well, I barely have time to keep up with my mailing lists, so I can`t
    spare the time to be actually browsing all the different webpages they are
    connected to. I usually go through about 400 or more emails a day. ;-)

    Tony


    ----Original Message Follows----
    From: Lawgiver <brnetboard@BIRTHRIGHT.NET>

    Lawgiver wrote:
    Originally posted by Birthright-L
    Tony

    P.S. what poll?

    Join the real posters on the actual message boards instead of the mailing
    list and find out. ;)

    __________________________________________________ _______________
    STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*
    http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

    ************************************************** **************************
    The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    Birthright-l Archives: http://oracle.wizards.com/archives/birthright-l.html
    To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.
    NOTE: Messages posted by Birthright-L are automatically inserted posts originating from the mailing list linked to the forum.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    24
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Perhaps you do not understand what a ninja is. A ninja is an assassain that is hated by most other people due to their skills in stealth. Just like you they think that ninjas are unhonorable people becuase they do not fight face to face. It is not that they are dishonorable or that they are wusses. A ninja is smart enough to know a great weakness of an enemy and exploit it.

    You and the creators of D&D seem to have a problem with anything other than face to face attacks. That is why sneak attack is so weak, becuase of wusses that think they should be given as much chance to defend themselves as posible.

    You and the creators of D&D need to learn something about anatomy.

    Note: I must assassainate two members of the group becuase they are planing to kill me. One of them has told me he is, and the other is too much of a follower to do anything else.(I said all of this in my last post, I guess you did not read that part.)
    I am not Death, but only his shadow. He might take you into the light, but I take you from the darkness.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    24
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Also, your world must be full of impaths or something. I am in a dungeon with them right now. There are only the two I wish to kill, and one of my vassles in the dungeon with me. Unless the people are able to read my thoughts they will not know anything.

    You might want to learn something about deception too.
    I am not Death, but only his shadow. He might take you into the light, but I take you from the darkness.

  10. #10
    I wonder why they would be trying to do you in?

    Eosin
    >
    > From: NinjaCorps <brnetboard@BIRTHRIGHT.NET>
    > Date: 2003/06/21 Sat PM 06:10:45 EDT
    > To: BIRTHRIGHT-L@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    > Subject: Re: Going against the group. [10#1748]
    >
    > This post was generated by the Birthright.net message forum.
    > You can view the entire thread at: http://www.birthright.net/read.php?TID=1748
    >
    > NinjaCorps wrote:
    > Perhaps you do not understand what a ninja is. A ninja is an assassain that is hated by most other people due to their skills in stealth. Just like you they think that ninjas are unhonorable people becuase they do not fight face to face. It is not that they are dishonorable or that they are wusses. A ninja is smart enough to know a great weakness of an enemy and exploit it.
    >
    > You and the creators of D&D seem to have a problem with anything other than face to face attacks. That is why sneak attack is so weak, becuase of wusses that think they should be given as much chance to defend themselves as posible.
    >
    > You and the creators of D&D need to learn something about anatomy.
    >
    > Note: I must assassainate two members of the group becuase they are planing to kill me. One of them has told me he is, and the other is too much of a follower to do anything else.(I said all of this in my last post, I guess you did not read that part.)
    >
    > ************************************************** **************************
    > The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    > Birthright-l Archives: http://oracle.wizards.com/archives/birthright-l.html
    > To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    > with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.
    >

    ************************************************** **************************
    The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    Birthright-l Archives: http://oracle.wizards.com/archives/birthright-l.html
    To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.
    Hello, I guess I gotta have a sig.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
BIRTHRIGHT, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, D&D, the BIRTHRIGHT logo, and the D&D logo are trademarks owned by Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and are used by permission. ©2002-2010 Wizards of the Coast, Inc.