Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: BRCS Revival

Downloads
    Uploads

Conversions options!

Honnestly, I don't exactly see why people make such a fluss about the editions. First, because I don't see why we couldn't include versions of both remasterized materials in both 3.6 and 4th edition in a single BRCS. And secondly because these merely affect character play, which is, in my opinion, not the focus of birthright game that make it SOOOO formidable.

Then, personally I think the whole birthright idea of holdings and stuff needs a thorough mechanic change in many areas anyway(which I have being puzzled and trying to figure out HOW to do, and I am starting to get a pretty good idea of how to do that, even tho it still pretty much nothing except a few draft here and there), while still being able to capt the spirit and the focus of the political maze that make this setting so exceptional at the first place.

And finally, I am ok with the executive-team kind of approach as long as it keeps roots (diplomatically or common-sensibly) to its community because, honestly, especially in a climax where people don't hold any true credit over the matter of the original ideas everyone is an expert... simply put. And finally.

2 cents from quebec

Something I am working on too, an alternative whole cult and cultural setting tide to birthright, which I think really IS needed. How to include "heresies" and remove the setting's stiffness about all the whole lot (I hate simplicity and my university courses make me enjoy the setting twikling even more as I now can design the variations of cultural identities in whole different ways which I think will give something incredible). Ways of celebrating the cults, alternate cults, godly aspects more thoroughly represented, priestly dynamics, cultural bias, languages and variations etc.

erik
    Last edited by Mojczak; 01-10-2009 at 03:33 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Certainly include me, if you will!

If there is a revival, could I please be notified? I'd love to participate in a revival! I played in two other campaigns that came from this website, and I'm a bit nostalgic....

Downloads
    Uploads
    And aside from the "developpment team" kind of work I like even more the let's do our thing and see who comes up with the best solutions to a system for a BRCS? And if people enjoy, then so be it. I mean, I know only few people and I don't think I will end up on any developpment team myself and I know I have ben juggling with a LOT of really cool stuff that I am trying to make all work together as simple as it can be and I know that my setting will eventually rock out and I am glad I have found back Bjorn's work, for exemple, as he has put out a lot of concepts himself hat helps me fill a lot of gaps in my vision of the rule to translate into play and I have no intention of stopping my own work because it wouldn't be "official" stuff but I intend to make it look as neatly "professionnal" as it can be because I think it can be lots of fun for more people than me alone. See the point? if people want to make a "BRCS" get together, have yourself all united the way you want, call "me" if you want some help after I publish some of my stuff and you like it and I will do the same with people if I like their stuff.

Thread Information