Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Basil Zariyatam

This is why I would like to nail down Basil's location... It seems clear that after he came to power, he was based out of Rovninodensk...

Quote Originally Posted by masterdaorin View Post
    That's not wholly accurate, either. The Vos scattered the Brecht forces in several different directions, through Kal Kalathor, and through the Mistmoor as well.

Presumably Berhagen was invaded by the Vos chasing the Brecht who went south, and they chased the other Brecht forces over the Mistmoor into Grevesmuhl and the realm of what is now called Rzhlev.
    We presume differently but that's not really relevant to this particular topic. I still fail to see how the events at Lake Ladan provide any clues as to Basil Zariyatam's place of birth?

You said there were 4 problems (not insurmountable) with the notion that Basil was from Molovchev.. but everything on that list was either random and unrelated or inaccurate, as far as I can tell. And you keep veering to Rovninodensk but I don't see why. Can you connect the dots for me? Because clearly you're seeing something that I'm overlooking.

Quote Originally Posted by masterdaorin View Post
    This is why I would like to nail down Basil's location... It seems clear that after he came to power, he was based out of Rovninodensk...
    There's no definitive answer to your question. All we can do is speculate based on what limited information we have.

The Battle of Lake Ladan is a historical event. Is there a specific reason why you need to have this information? In situations where there simply is no right or wrong answer, I find it best to concentrate on figuring out the "right" answer for you. For me, the right answer was that Basil is from Molochev because it fits best with my the backstory for my campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Argent View Post
    You said there were 4 problems (not insurmountable) with the notion that Basil was from Molovchev.. but everything on that list was either random and unrelated or inaccurate, as far as I can tell. And you keep veering to Rovninodensk but I don't see why. Can you connect the dots for me? Because clearly you're seeing something that I'm overlooking.
    Vosgaard and its people is an area of Cerilia that is not well defined.

I don't really need to have the information; it's just something I've been curious about, and it's fun to speculate.

That doesn't mean we can't come to some sort of definitive answer, either. I would like us to try...

I did say I prefer Molochev. But the only clear locational data we have of him comes from the Battle of Lake Ladan. While it is not definitive, it's the only clue we have... and that lake is near Rovninodensk. Does this actually mean something?

Would he have come to power there? Did he sacrifice his own realm/power base (i.e. Molochev) to convince the other Vos warlords to ally with him? Was he actually a ruler or regent, or was he just a power figure behind the throne?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Thread Information