Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Valjean@Jan 16 2005, 10:49 AM
    I have started a yahoo group

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/...al_Birthright/

to try and get our ideas togeather.
    In the interest of keeping all BR discussion/content in one place, perhaps you would like to post your ideas here on birthright.net?
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been working on the Birthright OA setting for awhile. I think your ideas are pretty cool.
    Thanks. Compliments are a rare nicety here in the forums. For the deity list I give credit to Bushido, I just did a little bit of conversion work and typed it up. The bloodlines as divine heritage through conception is my own idea, though, and one I'm quite happy with - it just fits so nicely into Asian cultures (where most or all Emperors claimed divine lineage), and expands on it to make it a more common aspect of the nobility. Having a history where gods and mortals have trysts and affairs from time to time makes the world a rich mythical setting, a nice compliment to a grittier historical setting I think.

I have taken alittle different approach and made Azari show himself in my background, by having humans discover Sorcery.
    Of all the Adurian deities, I think Azrai is the one most suited to be used in other cultures. Being a deity of chaos and deception, it's quite reasonable for him to be a god of many faces. Also, it seems he has no patron tribe of his own early on, so in the early ages he may have traveled further throughout the world looking to seduce followers to him. Perhaps he shadowed the Basarji when they left Aduria for Djapar.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The main issue I believe that most discussions with OA birthright esque settings is the "lack" of bloodlines. Instead, might I suggest that characters gain regency as per their Glory (introduced in Rokugan) which is supposed to represent the individual's place in the Celestial Order.

Thread Information