Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, I voted no new races, but I wanted to add comments.

First, if you really want to have all the races from 3e it might be more fitting to port the domain systems to Forgotten Realms or Greyhawk than to import new critters into Cerilia. This is not a flame or troll by the way, Greyhawk began as a setting for Gygax and his friends to play Chainmail in, a wargame and not a roleplaying game, the roleplaying came later. So, I would like to suggest making a compromise system where you can play blooded or unblooded regents in settings other than BR, to be created following the BR conversion. I seem to rcall an attempt in Dragon to import the system to Al Quadim, though I don't remember the issue number. Not all races belong in all worlds.

Second, while I am against bringing in new races I would like to see the non player races fleshed out, perhaps as a later suplement rather than part of the core BR material. Even in the 2nd ed. campaign I ran I had a player with a Goblin PC. I do like the fact that 3rd ed. has fleshed out the monsters, and would like to see that continued, but it doesn't need to be in the main book.

Third, I'd like to cast an espescial vote against half dragons, I don't believe that there has been any examples of BR dragons changing shape, so it becomes pretty much a moot point. (I don't have my box set handy, so I could be wrong.)

Finally I'd like everyone on both sides of the issue to take a deep breath, the folks working on the conversion are doing their best, so let's keep it civil.

My thanks to all.
    The Auld Grump

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is intented that there will be some fleshing out of the non player races (Gnolls, Goblins, Orogs, etc) in the d20 Atlas of Cerilia, with a look at their culture, history, etc. There is no intention at this time to go further and provide rules for goblins/gnoll/orog/whatever characters, but there will be more on them, including info on their settlements, military, culture, and so on.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Thread Information