Languages Khinasi, High Brecht, Low Brecht, Vos

AC 15, touch 12 , flatfooted 13
Fort 0 , Ref +3 , Will +6

Speed 30 ft
Melee Atk +0 (dagger)
Ranged +3 (sling, 1d4)
Base Atk +1 ; Grapple +0

Abilities Str 9, Dex 15, Con 9, Int 17, Wis 16, Cha 10
Feats: Weapon proficiency (simple), Negotiator, Persuasive, Spell Focus (Illusion)
Skills: Appraise +6, Bluff +2, Concentration +3, Diplomacy +2, Disguise +1, Gather Information +1, Intimidate +2, Knowledge (arcana) +3, Knowledge (history) +3, Knowledge (local) +3,Knowledge (religion) +3, Listen +1, Search +4.5, Sense Motive +6.5
Special Qualities: Spellcaster. His typical spells are Invisibility, Disguise Self, Identify and Ghost sound.
Description: A tall and slender man, with elegant movements but a stern penetrating gaze.

Possessions: Yusuf always brings the following with him:
  • His +3 Bracers of defense;
  • A small, leaf-shaped whistle, capable of emitting ultrasounds who highly disturb dogs and hounds;
  • His spell pouch;
  • A magnifying spyglass;
  • A sextant;
  • 2 rolls of parchment, Ink and quill

Traits: Curious, altruistic, Responsible.
Yusuf Khaled

Typical Dialogue:
"The story of the fall of Harold Ulfer? sure, which version do you want to know? there are at least five tellings, each one with both small and significant details. One is bound to be the true one, which is said to have hints to his treasure, while the other was told by his minions to lead adventurers to certain death!"

"Pete, you have to return that wand to its rightful owner. If they complain to Lowstar, there will be another raid in the Swumsy, and you know how that goes for the poor."

"Yes, I know a couple people, and I can help you get down to the mines. What I cannot do is ensure you come back."

"I'm but a lowly swuz. If you think your wares are worth more, go, ask around. Maybe you'll find someone who will give you more than my price. Pray that he will not just decide that they're worth more than your life, however."

[top]Biography:

Yusuf was the son of an adventurous and brave merchant who had decided to embark on an expedition from Ariya to the famous Müden. The ship was captured by Zweilund pirates, his family were killed, and he was sold into slavery. He was 10 at the time. He first became a mine slave in the salt mines of Duarlavka and became a friend with the enslaved dwarves. One night, Brili the dwarf, a dwarf who had adopted him as a stepson, staged a fight with the guards to help him escape. Yusuf managed to escape but unfortunately Brili lost his life.

Not knowing the region, Yusuf almost died of starvation and cold in the mountains, luckily for him the guards searched south, while he went north, and found himself in Evuarr. There he met Brother Luther himself, who taught him the secrets of spellsong and the joy in helping other slaves get free. Yusuf become a Broer and started studying magic. When Yusuf rose to the rank of Storyteller, he used his Khinasi appearance to travel the trade routes faking himself as a merchant and helping smuggling and sending messages for the Cleansing Home.

Nowadays Yusuf has set a shop in the the Great Bazaar of the Gray City, and he has become an estimated member amongst the Brecht; he helps maintaining order and justice between the merchants and the slaves much more than zhupan Dimas Lowstar himself.

An adventurer at heart like his father, Yusuf often uses his magic to hide himself to the guards and travel undisturbed in the underground tunnels of the city, looking to solve its mysteries and maybe preserve a piece of the ancient history of the realm.

Tags for this Page