Comments for: Molevof

+ Reply to Page
    Comments
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The wiki currently says: "Now abandoned, it is the charred remains of a recent uprising occurred some time ago,"

There is a link to an unwritten page about the "recent uprising" (the Molevof Rebellion) but I know nothing about it. How can it be recent if it occurred some time ago?

Sorontar
    Sorontar
    Information Communication ILLUMINATION!!

Comments
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
    The wiki currently says: "Now abandoned, it is the charred remains of a recent uprising occurred some time ago,"

There is a link to an unwritten page about the "recent uprising" (the Molevof Rebellion) but I know nothing about it. How can it be recent if it occurred some time ago?

Sorontar
    I'm currently writing the page about the rebellion, so that I can move it away from his current position, which is a subchapter in Ayairda's Cleansing Home' s page.

The page says it happened in 550 MR, one year prior to 551 MR considered as "present", so it can be "recent" compared to the 1000+ years history of the realm, or "some time ago" if compared to "today". Unless, of course, this is a linguistic problem - maybe "some time ago" means much more than a year and I'm getting it confused with italian, where the same phrase may be used for a year ago.

Comments
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To me, if something is "some time ago", it is not recent. If we are talking years and "recent" means in the last year or so, then "some time ago" would mean many more years (perhaps 10-100 years before). "Some time ago" may not have a specific meaning, but it semantically implies that it is not recent.

Sorontar
    Sorontar
    Information Communication ILLUMINATION!!

Comments
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
    To me, if something is "some time ago", it is not recent. If we are talking years and "recent" means in the last year or so, then "some time ago" would mean many more years (perhaps 10-100 years before). "Some time ago" may not have a specific meaning, but it semantically implies that it is not recent.

Sorontar
    Done.

Tags for this Page

Similar Pages

1. Molevof.png
    By Witness3 in forum Image
    Comments: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2024, 03:22 PM