Hello,

On the topic of PBeM + Adventuring; I got some feedback from players that runing on a Instant Messenger conference was fine but;
1. The dice rolling was hectic (you can fake invisiblecastle.com's dice rolls by clicking the back button and getting a new roll)
2. Can't archive the conversation (clipboards don't take three hours worth of IM conversation)

So some options that I saw were:
- OpenRPG (FREE, Java, all players/gm need to set-up on thie machine)
- Fantasy Grounds ($100+ all in, BEAUTIFUL, allows for floating licenses)
- Klooge ($100 all in, Nice, lots of features, allows floating licences)
- Battlegrounds ($100 all in, looks impressive)
- ScreenMonkey ($40, SIMPLE, only DM needs the software - players are web-based)

>> Did anyone know of any other?

To me it looked like the pricy ones had similar pricing and comparable feature list. I had some issues getting OpenRPG working (Pithon issue), so I'm tempted to actually shell out some cash and go cheap to get ScreenMonkey.

>> Anyone have any experience using any of the above?

I'd like my gave to focus on the realm-level stuff, but still have adventures to be able to interweave politics, and get players to get socially acquainted/involved. If the Virtual tabletop is going to hurt (too complex/bulky/buggy) then it's really not acomplishing the goals. I'd go back to Instant Messenging Conference -- who cares if people cheat on their rolls: I always liked to cheat on my rolls!

Dude! No way, not a "19", let me re-roll that, I need 18 or less to survive the fall.. you can't make me die! PLEASE let me re-roll!