View Poll Results: What is the historical basis of the Khinasi?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arabian

12 52.17%
  • Egyptian

0 0%
  • Persian

1 4.35%
  • Phoenician

1 4.35%
  • Other (please explain)

8 34.78%
  • Abstain

1 4.35%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yay Graham!!! Power to the underreprested dead people!! I see you are/were an ancient history teacher, cool stuff. So, now that's settled, who else thinks that the Kenasi are more like the Moors than the Arabs?
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum." --Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war." --Homer

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay Graham!!! Power to the underreprested dead people!! I see you are/were an ancient history teacher, cool stuff. So, now that's settled, who else thinks that the Kenasi are more like the Moors than the Arabs?
    My uncles are history professors not me I just read too much and what I read is mostly ancient history , greek, roman and chinese.

There is a good site where you can get a lot of classic books downloaded. WWW.promo.net and select project gutenberg including a couple on ancient mathematics.

The moors are probably the closest to the khinasi the only exception is maybe binsada( is that the one with the tribal groups) and that is an exception to the usual city states.

I am all in favour of the moors being used.
    MORNINGSTAR

Downloads
    Uploads
    As a student of political science & Arabic language and culture, which includes history of the ottoman empire and Persia. And no less because of the fact that my girlfriend is Persian I would say a combination of most of the above and most of the replies. I especialy liked the reply of Raesene with the Basarji culture. In the Arab speaking world there have been a lot of influences of other cultures. Arabic culture has been influenced by persia and egypt.

I'm sorry that I have no more time to reply now maybe later. Yet if you want to look for khinashi culture in our world I would look at a comibnation of most of the above. With the west being more Arabic and the East more Persian. And where Khinashi and Vos come Together give the Vos a turkish influence. More Northern Rusian and Mongol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Time to close this poll.

Here are the results:

Arabian [ 12 ] [52.17%]
    Egyptian [ 0 ] [0.00%]
    Persian [ 1 ] [4.35%]
    Phoenician [ 1 ] [4.35%]
    Other (please explain) [ 8 ] [34.78%]
    Abstain [ 1 ] [4.35%]

Looks like Arabian culture is the most. Not enough people commented with their 'other vote' to give suffficient focus for any other combination (or even the Moors, the most commonly mentioned one, to use as part of an amalgamation).
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information