Hi all...
Had a very interesting twist in our campaign this weekend, and I'd like to hear your
thoughts on it..
I normally DM the campaign.. but i take occasional breaks and let one of the players DM
(they're all experienced DM's).. Normally the adventures are small sidetracks without a
lot of impact to the overall campaign but this time was different.. very different!
Our campaign is centered around Cariele.. The player that DM'd plays a character that was
a guild master in Cariele and had recently (with everyone's help) pushed out the
competition and was in the process of taking over the country... This weekend he
basically sacrificed his country with a divine intervention adventure... I'll spare you
the details.. but in short, one of the OLD gods (goddess actually) destroyed everything
within the borders of Cariele and reverted it all back to Sylvan forest, tasking all of
us (most are elves) to protect it and to teach the humans how to live without destroying
the forest... She chose a druid (Cleric of the Oaken Grove)as a sort of Messiah.. and
she introduced wild elves into the land....

At first I was a bit shocked that he would make just a HUGE change in the campaign.. but
frankly I LIKE the twist...
There are EXTREME Religious, Political, Economic, and Environmental implications..

Number one in my book is the fact that elves don't worship gods... at least not in many
many years... We're likely to convince our own people.. but the Prince (NPC) and the
elves of Turnievel (sp?) aren't likely to take to this very well.. Can anyone sayholy
war? And that's just the tip of the iceberg...

I'm going to take this situation and run with it... I'd like to hear your comments and
suggestions for what you would do if faced with this problem... I know what most DM's
would say.. "I wouldn't have allowed it in the first place!" You'd have to know our
gaming group.. we're all older gamers that have been together a lot of years... and I see
this as a challenge... so beyond that... What would you do?