Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: J.R.R. Tolkien

Saw the movie yesterday. Excellent, I hate having to wait until Christmas 2002 and Christmas 2003 for the next two movies.

I totally give this a thumbs up.:)
    The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever.
    (Isaiah 40:8)

Downloads
    Uploads
    WOW....
    WOW...
    I say yet again... WOW!!!
    Quite possibly my new favorite movie. Having read the books I was still enthralled with the film and having arrived home wish I could have stayed at the theatre just to sit through it all over again. I highly recommend it. I agree with arjan. the opening scene reminded me of the Gorgon almost how I envisioned Roele's last battle... with a different ending.

p.s. WOW!
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    p.p.s In case you missed it... WOW!
    Lawgiver

Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've seen it twice now myself, and I agree. The parallels between it and the Birthright game are amazing! You can tell Rich Baker was a fan!

The entire opening battle WAS Deismaar. The 'death' of Sauron was Azrai, the shockwave... hello Bloodlines!

Mordor IS the Gorgon's Crown.

Moria... well that entire bit was just waaaay too cool!
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have now seen it twice... may I say yet again WOW! :P
    Lawgiver

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have seen the movie too and I would agree that the opening reminds me a lot like Birthright. I too thought wow that would be the Gorgon. The reason why I am pissed is that I don't think I can wait a whole year to see the next movie and another year after that to see the last one. They are done. Put them out. Let me see them. In fact I think I could have sat a whole 9 hours to watch all three!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    INDEED Lord Eldred! :)

I went and bought a DVD player for christmas cause I just know that the LotR is going to hit DVD before video... unless of coure they pull a Lucas and sit on the flick for years and rerelease to theatres several times.

Anyway, I bought a 5 Discer, so when it does hit DVD, I won't have to stop between films!! I ought ot at least be able to get the the Fellowship & the Two Towers in there (assuming tht the next 2 films are also 3 hours long.)

BTW, Has nyone tried the Gamesworkshop Lord of the Rings Minature Game yet? If so, got any reviews? How different is it from Warhammer?
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haven't tried the game but I too got a 5 disc dvd player with surround sound. I am geeked about it and look forward to the release on DVD!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Lord EldredI am geeked about it ...
    I'm afraid to ask what this expression means.
    Lawgiver

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to agree with all of you here; it was certainly a GREAT movie. I thought Liv Tyler did a pretty good job of being Arwen, and the love story wasn't played out to the point where it would become cheap. Yeah, yeah its true she didn't save Frodo in the book, but heck it was fun this way.

Unfortunately where you have a crowded theatre, you also have plenty of immature individuals. There were many juvenile comments, especially about the use of the word "weed", which we young people most often relate to...well...drugs. (Remember that part where Saruman says to Gandalf; 'that shire weed has dulled your mind', or something to that like?)

Otherwise, it was the best fantasy movie I've ever seen. The storyline was as brilliant as ever, the cast was okay, the scenery spectacular, the visuals...amazing, what more can I say?

I definitely believe you should go see it if you already haven't. Then go see it again, and again, and again!

Florin

Thread Information