User:AndrewTall

Hi. I'm one of the contributors to the wiki - I mostly do 'fluff' rather than 'crunch' or the wiki structure but if you have Birthright questions I'll help if I can. Contact me by PM on birthright.net or email me at abotall@yahoo.co.uk.

Some rules I've used / thought of using in a home brew campaign to shape it more to my interests.

I prefer a Barbara Hambly approach to wizards in my campaign - and see 'wizards' as inextricably opposed to priests - how does a priest preach divine might when a wizard has powers more miraculous still? Easy, they decry the works of Azrai and Sidhe and all those who embrace them...

Everyone needs a hobby, expanding the random event rules to make a variety of adventure seeds and potential problems/benefits for a Regent's domain was mine for a while.
Houses of the Blood by John Wick had its own domain rules and adventure seeds - I drew up this list based on the random events and adventure seeds. The setting is quite campaign-specific but could be turned around if need be and has some very interesting concepts - it's well worth a look.

So how does your garden grow? A regent's court should be more than just numbers - and far from a dreary DMs chore to churn through actions slowing the pace of seasons to a crawl. This is a very draft hack that I played with briefly.

This is a somewhat over-long look at the psychology of the Sidhe - and why they aren't just humans with pointy ears...

This is a McGuffin quest item with a bit of a difference, the creation cost is however in need of updating.

This is a McGuffin explanation for women's lib in Cerilia and potential ehrsheghlien all in one...

This is a McGuffin explanation for a loyal vassal to suddenly switch sides, an example of an awnie which would use social influence to attack a PC, and so on. Hopefully it's not an indication that the last breakup was bitter...

During a PBEM I played a priest, not something that comes naturally to me, but ce la vie. That meant I needed, on occasion, to have my PC say some prayers, here are some prayers that I adjusted from prayers I found on the net, and a few extra that I came up with. No offense is met to anyone religious through these prayers, but having sweated blood to get into what was, for me, a highly unnatural state of mind, I wanted something tangible to come of it.

I came across Battlefield Mobility And The Soldier's Load by Major William L. Ezell, USMC on the net, and after heavily cutting it down and editing it for my use I wound up with this - a brief comment on soldier's loads to encourage regents to consider logistics - and why soldiers may only carry a few days worth of water, and why a good general negotiates with neutral cities along their route to get supplies constantly.

From an evolutionary viewpoint Varsks should not be an isolated species, I knocked up these beasties to fit some obvious ecological niches in the north of Vosgaard.

As I was reading a book on how plagues have shaped humanity I figured that they had some gameplay possibility, so made a page on them. Any errors are likely mine.

Some comments on medieval justice.

Another book conversion. This is a few pages on various crafts, and hopefully will add some color to peasant NPCs, perhaps indicate the rhythm of the rulers province, etc.

Tags for this Page

Similar Pages

1. AndrewTall/Plague
    By AndrewTall in forum User
    Comments: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 11:23 PM
  2. AndrewTall/House Rules AndrewTall
    Comments: 0
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 05:55 PM
  3. AndrewTall/The Paladin