Template:Stat Block/HOWTO/Definition of Parameters

This page will only parse completely when it is included in another page.
[h="3"]Definition of Parameters[/h]
[table] class="wikitable" style="text-align: left; width:100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"
|-
! Parameter
! Description
! Required
! Example
|-
| style
| Specifies the values of the table's [i]style[/i] attribute
| No
| width: 100px; border: solid; margin-left: 1em;
|-
! colspan="4" style="border: none; background: inherit;" | Identification and Encounter
|-
! Parameter
! Description
! Required
! Example
|-
| name
| An identifier for the character such as a name or a short description of the character
| Yes
| Jack<br/>[i]or[/i]<br/>Powerful Necromancer
|- class="even"
| cr
| The character's challenge rating
| No (defaults to ?)
| 1/2
|-
| gender
| The character's gender. This will only show up if a value is supplied for [i]clvl[/i]
| No
| Hermaphroditic
|- class="even"
| race
| The character's race. This will only show up if a value is supplied for [i]clvl[/i]
| No
| Kobold
|-
| clvl
| The list of classes in which the character has levels and the number of levels in each
| No
| monk 3/paladin 2
|- class="even"
| align
| The character's alignment expressed in one or two capital letters
| Yes
| CN
|-
| size
| The character's size
| Yes
| Medium
|- class="even"
| type
| The character's type (and subtypes when applicable)
| Yes
| Undead (Augmented Dragon, Augmented Humanoid, Goblinoid, Shapechanger)
|-
| init
| The character's initiative modifier
| Yes
| +3
|- class="even"
| sense
| Any special senses the character has
| No
| darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 120 ft.
|-
| listen
| Total modifier for the character's [wiki="Listen (SRD Skill)"]Listen[/wiki] checks
| Yes
|- class="even"
| spot
| Total modifier for the character's [wiki="Spot (SRD Skill)"]Spot[/wiki] checks
| Yes
| +4
|-
| aura
| Any auras the character has that affects enemies or allies
| No
| courage (10 ft., allies +4 against fear)
|- class="even"
| lang
| Any languages or special means of communication the character has
| No
| Draconic, Common, saurial communication, empathic link
|-
! colspan="4" style="border: none; background: inherit;" | Defensive Information
|-
! Parameter
! Description
! Required
! Example
|-
| ac
| Character's armor class
| Yes
|- class="even"
| touch
| Character's touch armor class
| Yes
|-
| flat
| Character's flat-footed armor class
| Yes
|- class="even"
| othac
| racial traits, class features, feats, and other special abilities that affect (or can affect under the right circumstances) the character's AC.
| No
| Two-Weapon Defense, Dodge, uncanny dodge
|-
| acmods
| Character's armor class modifiers
| No
| +2 shield, +6 armor, -1 size
|- class="even"
| hp
| Character's hit points
| Yes
|-
| hd
| Number of hit die
| Yes
|- class="even"
| othhp
| Special abilities that affect how much damage the character takes from physical attacks and hit point recovery
| No
| DR 6/?, fast healing 3
|-
| immune
| Immunities the character has
| No
| sleep, fire, death effects
|- class="even"
| resist
| Special abilities that aid the character in avoiding, and/or reducing certain effects except spell and power resistances (which go under the [i]sr[/i] and [i]pr[/i] parameters)
| No
| acid resistance 5, mettle, improved evasion
|-
| sr
| The character's spell resistance
| No
|- class="even"
| pr
| The character's power resistance
| No
|-
| fort
| Fortitude save modifier
| Yes
| +4
|- class="even"
| ref
| Reflex save modifier
| Yes
| +0
|-
| will
| Will save modifier
| Yes
|- class="even"
| weak
| Any weaknesses the character has
| No
| vulnerability to cold
|-
! colspan="4" style="border: none; background: inherit;" | Offensive Information
|-
! Parameter
! Description
! Required
! Example
|-
| speed
| The speed for all modes of movement the character possesses
| Yes
| 40 ft. (8 squares) in chainmail; base speed 60 ft.
|- class="even"
| othspeed
| Feats and abilities that can affect the character's speed or movement options
| No
| Run, Spring Attack
|-
| melee1?melee4
| The character's typical preferred melee attack routines
| No
| mwk falchion +16/+11 (2d4+9/18-20) and bite +13 (1d4+3)
|- class="even"
| ranged1?ranged4
| The character's typical preferred ranged attack routines
| No
| [i]+1 longbow[/i] +8 (2d6+2/x3) with Manyshot<br/>[i]or[/i]<br/>[i]+1 longbow[/i] +10/+10/+5 (1d6+1/19-20) with Rapid Shot
|-
| space
| The amount of space the character occupies
| No (Defaults to [i]5ft.[/i])
| 10ft.
|- class="even"
| reach
| The character's natural reach
| No (Defaults to [i]5ft.[/i])
| 15ft.
|-
| bab
| The character's base attack bonus
| Yes
| +3
|- class="even"
| grp
| The character's grapple check modifier
| Yes
| +10
|-
| atkop
| Attack options that can character can use during a full or standard attack
| No
| flurry of blows, smite chaos 1/day (+3 attack, +4 damage), Power Attack
|- class="even"
| sa
| Special actions the character may take instead of making attacks, or actions that can be taken outside of the character's turn
| No
| turn undead 3/day (+0, 2d6+8, 8th), wild shape (4/day, Small to Large, 10th), Instantaneous Rage
|-
| cg
| Combat gear that the character can use as an action
| No
| potion of [i]cure light wounds[/i], scroll of [i]blur[/i]
|- class="even"
| aesd
| Details that (more-or-less) apply to all arcane epic spells this character knows
| No
| CL 54th, DC 35, 5% arcane spell failure chance
|-
| aesk
| Arcane epic spells known. If the creature's arcane epic spells are all prepared spells (which is specified by not assigning a value to [i]aespd[/i]), these spells will be displayed in the "Other Information" section of the stat block
For spontaneous casters the spell name should also include the adjusted [wiki="Spellcraft (SRD Skill)"]Spellcraft[/wiki] DC to cast the spell. The adjusted spellcraft DC is what the caster needs to roll after all modifiers for which are accounted in order to successfully cast the spell. To get the the adjusted spellcraft DC, subtract the character's bonus for checks against the spell from the spell's normal spellcraft DC.
| No
| [i]dragon knight (ritual)[/i] (SDC -11), [i]epic mage armor[/i] (SDC -3), [i]nailed to the sky[/i] (SCD 13), [i]verdigris[/i] (SDC 9)
|- class="even"
| aespd
| Arcane epic spells per day
| No
|-
| aesp
| Arcane epic spells prepared
The spell name should also include the adjusted [wiki="Spellcraft (SRD Skill)"]Spellcraft[/wiki] DC to cast the spell. The adjusted spellcraft DC is what the caster needs to roll after all modifiers for which are accounted in order to successfully cast the spell. To get the the adjusted spellcraft DC, subtract the character's bonus for checks against the spell from the spell's normal spellcraft DC.
| No
| [i]crown of vermin[/i] (SDC -344), [i]kinetic control[/i] (SDC -300), [i]vengeful gaze of god[/i] (SCD 19)
|- class="even"
| desd
| Details that (more-or-less) apply to all divine epic spells this character knows
| No
| CL 26th, DC 27, +6 CL checks to overcome SR
|-
| desk
| Divine epic spells known. If the creature's divine epic spells are all prepared spells (which is specified by not assigning a value to [i]despd[/i]), these spells will be displayed in the "Other Information" section of the stat block
For spontaneous casters the spell name should also include the adjusted [wiki="Spellcraft (SRD Skill)"]Spellcraft[/wiki] DC to cast the spell. The adjusted spellcraft DC is what the caster needs to roll after all modifiers for which are accounted in order to successfully cast the spell. To get the the adjusted spellcraft DC, subtract the character's bonus for checks against the spell from the spell's normal spellcraft DC.
| No
| [i]contingent resurrection[/i] (SDC -18), [i]epic counterspell[/i] (SDC -1), [i]momento mori[/i] (SDC 16)
|- class="even"
| despd
| Divine epic spells per day
| No
|-
| desp
| Divine epic spells prepared
The spell name should also include the adjusted [wiki="Spellcraft (SRD Skill)"]Spellcraft[/wiki] DC to cast the spell. The adjusted spellcraft DC is what the caster needs to roll after all modifiers for which are accounted in order to successfully cast the spell. To get the the adjusted spellcraft DC, subtract the character's bonus for checks against the spell from the spell's normal spellcraft DC.
| No
| [i]origin of species: achaierai[/i] (SDC -29), [i]demise unseen[/i] (SDC 13), [i]lord of nightmares[/i] (SCD -17)
|- class="even"
| epd
| Details that (more-or-less) apply to all epic powers this character knows
| No
| ML 31st, DC 30
|-
| epk
| Epic powers known
The power name should also include the adjusted [wiki="Psicraft (SRD Skill)"]Psicraft[/wiki] DC to manifest the power. The adjusted psicraft DC is what the manifester needs to roll after all modifiers for which are accounted in order to successfully manifest the power. To get the the adjusted psicraft DC, subtract the character's bonus for checks against the power from the power's normal psicraft DC.
| No
| [i]greater power resistance[/i] (PDC 0), [i]soul scry[/i] (PDC 10)
|- class="even"
| eppd
| Epic powers per day
| No
|-
| cls1?cls8
| Spellcasting, power-manifesting, or invocation-using progressions the character has. Currently supports up to eight different progressions
| No
| Dread Necromancer ([i][url="http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndacc/885227200"]Heroes of Horror[/url][/i])
|- class="even"
| [b][i](cls)[/b][/i]dom
| The domains the character has associated with this progression
| No
| Strength, War
|-
| [b][i](cls)[/b][/i]pd
| Progression details that (more-or-less) apply to all spells/prowers/invocations in this group
| No
| CL 12th<br/>[i]or[/i]<br/>ML 5th, +2 ML checks to overcome PR
|- class="even"
| [b][i](cls)[/b][/i]sk0?[b][i](cls)[/b][/i]sk9
| Spells known under this spellcasting progression
| No
| [i]detect magic[/i], [i]know direction[/i], [i]mending[/i] (DC 14), [i]open/close[/i] (DC 14), [i]summon instrument[/i], [i]read magic[/i]
|-
| [b][i](cls)[/b][/i]spd0?[b][i](cls)[/b][/i]spd19
| Spells per day the character can cast under this spellcasting progression. Currently supports up to 19th level spell slots
| No
|- class="even"
| [b][i](cls)[/b][/i]sp0?[b][i](cls)[/b][/i]sp19
| Spells the character has prepared from this spellcasting progression. Currently supports up to 19th level spell slots
| No
| [i]fireball[/i] (DC 20), [i]fly[/i], [i]dispel magic[/i], [i]hold person[/i] (DC 20), [i]haste[/i]
|-
| pp
| Number of power points the character has in a day
| No
|- class="even"
| [b][i](cls)[/b][/i]pk0?[b][i](cls)[/b][/i]pk9
| Powers known under this power-manifesting progression
| No
| [i]aversion[/i] (DC 19), [i]psionic lock[/i], [i]psionic suggestion[/i] (DC 19), [i]swarm of crystals[/i]
|-
| [b][i](cls)[/b][/i]lstik
| Least invocations known under this invocation-using progression
| No
| [i]beguiling influence[/i], [i]miasmic cloud[/i] (DC 15), [i]see the unseen[/i]
|- class="even"
| [b][i](cls)[/b][/i]lsrik
| Lesser invocations known under this invocation-using progression
| No
| [i]eldritch chain[/i], [i]flee the scene[/i], [i]hellrime blast[/i] (DC 18), [i]voracious dispelling[/i]
|-
| [b][i](cls)[/b][/i]grtik
| Greater invocations known under this invocation-using progression
| No
| [i]chilling tentacles[/i], [i]devour magic[/i]
|- class="even"
| [b][i](cls)[/b][/i]drkik
| Dark invocations known under this invocation-using progression
| No
| [i]utterdark blast[/i] (DC 22)
|-
| slad
| Details that apply to many (if not all) of the character's spells-like abilities
| No
| CL 6th, +4 CL checks against SR
|- class="even"
| plad
| Details that apply to many (if not all) of the character's psi-like abilities
| No
| ML 3rd
|-
| freq1?freq20
| How often the character can use this group of spell- or psi-like abilities. Currently supports up to 20 different frequencies
| No
| 3/day
|- class="even"
| sla[b][i](freq)[/b][/i]
| Spell-like abilities the character can use at this frequency
These lists should only contain spell-like abilities that mimic specific spells. If the ability is unique in that it doesn't mimic any existing spell it should be listed under special actions ([i]sa[/i]). This also applies to spell-like abilities that do mimic existing spells but require their own descriptions because the mimicry is not exact.
| No
| [i]darkness[/i], [i]invisibility[/i]
|-
| pla[b][i](freq)[/b][/i]
| Psi-like abilities the character can use at this frequency
These lists should only contain psi-like abilities that mimic specific powers. If the ability is unique in that it doesn't mimic any existing power it should be listed under special actions ([i]sa[/i]). This also applies to psi-like abilities that do mimic existing powers but require their own descriptions because the mimicry is not exact.
| No
| [i]stomp[/i] (DC 13)
|-
! colspan="4" style="border: none; background: inherit;" | Other Information
|-
! Parameter
! Description
! Required
! Example
|-
| str
| Strength
| No (defaults to ?)
|- class="even"
| dex
| Dexterity
| No (defaults to ?)
|-
| con
| Constitution
| No (defaults to ?)
|- class="even"
| int
| Intelligence
| No (defaults to ?)
|-
| wis
| Wisdom
| No (defaults to ?)
|- class="even"
| cha
| Charisma
| No (defaults to ?)
|-
| sq
| Any special qualities the character has that hasn't already been listed in the previous sections
Generally speaking, these abilities either have little value (if any) in combat, or any effects they provide have already been taken into account in the previous sections without the name of the ability being explicitly listed.
| No
| orc blood, trapfinding
|- class="even"
| feats
| Complete list of feats including ones already listed in other sections
| No
| Power Attack, Combat Reflexes, Spell Penetration
|-
| skills
| List of skills that have ranks and skills that can be used untrained for which the character has modifiers beyond ability score and size modifiers (i.e. racial bonus/penalties, synergy bonuses, competence, etc...) including Listen and Spot if applicable.
| No
| Hide +14, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +6, Knowledge (nature) +4, Knowledge (religion) +1, Listen +10, Move Silently +19, Search +2, Spot +10, Survival +9 (+11 underground)
|- class="even"
| hdadv
| Details of the creature's advancement by HD. This is only displayed if the creature has no class levels (as specified by [i]clvl[/i])
| No
| 6?18 HD (Large)<br/>[i]or[/i]<br/>as familiar
|-
| favcls
| The race's favored class. This is only displayed if the creature has no class levels (as specified by [i]clvl[/i])
| No
| Warlock ([i][url="http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndacc/179250000"]Complete Arcane[/url][/i])
|- class="even"
| poss
| Items of note that the creature has that haven't already been listed under combat gear ([i]cg[/i])
| No
| [i]bracers of armor +4[/i], [i]ring of protection +2[/i], 203 gp
|-
| [b][i](cls)[/b][/i]grimtype
| Type of grimoire containing the spells for this progression
| No (defaults to [i]Spellbook[/i])
| Spellbook<br/>[i]or[/i]<br/>Prayerbook
|- class="even"
| [b][i](cls)[/b][/i]grim0?[b][i](cls)[/b][/i]grim9
| Spells that the character has in its grimoire
| No
| [i]cause fear[/i], [i]chill touch[/i], [i]feather fall[/i], [i]hold portal[/i], [i]hypnotism[/i], [i]mage armor[/i], [i]magic missile[/i], [i]magic weapon[/i], [i]mount[/i], [i]protection from evil[/i], [i]shield[/i], [i]shocking grasp[/i], [i]summon monster I[/i], [i]unseen servant[/i]
|-
| deity
| The character's patron deity if it has one
| No
| Reorx
|-
! colspan="4" style="border: none; background: inherit;" | Special Abilities Descriptions
|-
! Parameter
! Description
! Required
! Example
|-
| san1, san2, san3... sanX
| Special ability name
| No
| Saurial communication
|- class="even"
| sad1, sad2, sad3... sadX
| Special ability description
| No
| A saurial's normal speaking voice is too high pitched for humanoids to hear, but they give off different scents based on their mood. Dragons, creatures with the dragonblood subtype, and fey can hear saurials perfectly, and they generally understand the scent cues whether or not they can understand the language. Saurials can understand other creatures that speak any language they know without problem, and can learn to speak within humanoid hearing range by devoting skill points.
[/table]
[h="4"]Explanation of [b][i](cls)[/b][/i][/h]
This template supports up to eight different spellcasting/power-manifesting/invocation-using progressions which is specified by the parameters [i]cls1[/i] through [i]cls8[/i]. Any parameter that has the marker [b][i](cls)[/b][/i] is to have the marker replaced with any of the values that were assigned to [i]cls1[/i] through [i]cls8[/i].
For example, if "Wizard" was assigned [i]cls1[/i] like so:
&#124;cls1&#61;Wizard
Then to specify what 1st-level wizard spells the creature has prepared (which is done by the parameter [b][i](cls)[/b]sp1[/i]), you'd define the parameter [i]Wizardsp1[/i] and set it as follows:
&#124;Wizardsp1&#61;&#39;&#39;Charm Person&#39;&#39;, &#39;&#39;Magic Missile&#39;&#39;, &#39;&#39;True Strike&#39;&#39; (DC 14)
And to specify what spells are in the creature's spellbook (by the parameter [b][i](cls)[/b]grim1[/i]), you use the following:
&#124;Wizardgrim1&#61;&#39;&#39;Identify&#39;&#39; , &#39;&#39;Endure Elements&#39;&#39;, &#39;&#39;Hold Portal&#39;&#39;
What values you use for the [b][i](cls)[/b][/i] marker must match <u>exactly</u> the [i]clsX[/i] parameters, which is very important if you choose to use hyperlinks:
&#124;cls1&#61;&#91;&#91;Wizard (SRD Class)&#124;Wizard&#93;&#93;
&#124;&#91;&#91;Wizard (SRD Class)&#124;Wizard&#93;&#93;sp1&#61;&#39;&#39;Char m Person&#39;&#39;, &#39;&#39;Magic Missile&#39;&#39;, &#39;&#39;True Strike&#39;&#39; (DC 14)
&#124;&#91;&#91;Wizard (SRD Class)&#124;Wizard&#93;&#93;grim1&#61;&#39;&#39;Id entify&#39;&#39;, &#39;&#39;Endure Elements&#39;&#39;, &#39;&#39;Hold Portal&#39;&#39;
[h="4"]Explanation of [b][i](freq)[/b][/i][/h]
Same as [b][i](cls)[/b][/i] but you use the values assigned to [i]freq1[/i]?[i]freq20[/i] instead.
Example:
&#124;freq1&#61;At will
&#124;freq2&#61;1/week
&#124;slaAt will&#61;&#39;&#39;detect evil&#39;&#39;
&#124;sla1/week&#61;&#39;&#39;remove disease&#39;&#39; (DC 16)

Tags for this Page

Similar Pages

1. block
    By Arjan in forum Template
    Comments: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2006, 08:32 PM