AC 14, touch 12, flatfooted 12
Fort -1, Ref +4, Will +1

Speed 30 ft
Melee Atk -1 (d4-2 /x2, dagger)
Ranged +2 (d4-2 /x2, dagger)
Base Atk +1 ; Grapple -5

Abilities Str 6, Dex 13, Con 8, Int 15, Wis 12, Cha 13
Feats: Dodge, Skill Focus (Administration), Sneak Attack +1d6, Evasion
Skills: Administration 10, Appraise 5, Bluff 5, Decipher Script 3, Diplomacy 5, Disable Device 2, Disguise 5 Escape Artist 1, Forgery 3, Gather Information 5, Innuendo 2, Open Lock 3, Search 4, Sense Motive 5, Use Magic Device 2
Special Qualities:
Description: 5' 10", 160 lbs
Possessions: 5 daggers concealed at various places, stylus and ink, paper
Dodge: Styr may select an opponent and receive a +1 dodge bonus in melee.
Skill Focus (Adminstration): Styr receives a +3 bonus to Administration checks
Sneak Attack +1d6: When Styr catches an opponent flat-footed or by flank, he does an additional 1d6 of damage.
Evasion:
Styr PorsgrunnStyr Porsgrunn

Typical Dialogue:
"Your Grace, King Varri, I am sure ye appreciate the assistance which the Stjordovik Traders could render thee if ye would abandon thine protection of the Three Trees Traders and agreed to our few, simple stipulations."
"Master Holtson, the simpleton king supposed he could stop our development of guild operations in Lofkirdik. I took it upon myself to have his sheriffs' throats cut and left the scene in such a way that blame will be laid at Fulgar, who is still known as the Blood-Handed in Hollingholmen."
"My lord, Olfjor, I am, as always, most thankful for your kind offer, but I am weak and over-worked and cannot bear the pleasures of your celebrations. May I offer thee a dozen swine for your feasting, my lord?"

Biography:
Styr Porsgrunn was thrown and trampled while riding as a young man and was left terribly injured, leaving him weak and frail. As a result he was unable to pursue a more noble career. His father sought to obtain for him a career as a diplomat, a career worthy of a nobleman, if less glorious than that of a warrior. Queen Ljorrah expressed some favor for the idea, but never followed through in mentioning the matter to Hjalmar Helder. Storm Holtson stepped in and offered to prepare the boy for a career in service of the realm as best as he could, being able to introduce him to other realms, some court life, and the occasional journey to Anuire. Hearing nothing from the queen, Lord Porsgrunn consented for the guildmaster to take his son as an apprentice.

In the event, Styr was cultivated more for guild negotiations than statecraft. Rather than administering an embassy, Styr administers the guild operations of the Stjordvik Traders in Stjordvik itself. His negotiations are over price and terms of contracts, not maintaining the peace of the Taelshore and uniting the Rjurik against the Blood Skull Barony. Styr is one of Storm Holtson's key lieutenants, being charged with the operations at home while master Holtson travels on guild business. Having no brothers, Styr inherited his father's lordship in Arvaald. As Lord of Porsgrunn, Styr has helped Stjordvik Traders dominate guild activity in Arvaald.

Tags for this Page