Comments for: Rzhlev

+ Reply to Page
    Special Guest (Donor)
    Comments
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rzhlev

Erm, has anyone noticed that provinces Evuarr and Edarlaskyy have no border between them?
    And if you do split them in half, you'd get two small provinces, compared to the rest. But, compared to the provinces in other realms, say Hjorig, they'd be just fine... more or less.
    Rey M. - court wizard of Tuarhievel

Comments
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not before no, but you are quite right, the Vos map doesn't show a border between Evuarr and Edarlanskyy either - I wonder if they are different names for what was supposed to be the same province or if Evuarr is simply supposed to be the name of the city in the province? Size-wise the provinces would be very small compared to the other Rzhlev provinces if you drew in a border, although both are large compared to the provinces of the Zweilunds...

Special Guest (Donor)
    Comments
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, that's what's been bothering me. Domain table doesn't suggest that it's a duplicate entry. I've pondered about joining them together, that is, data about holdings and naming them Edarlaskyy, but I've hesitated, thinking about whether there will be consequences on gameplay, or I'm just thinking too much. :)

Somebody has come up with a former name of Rzhlev, its Brecht name. Can't remember where I saw it, and I'm almost sure it's not official. The problem is, nowhere in Cerilia timeline has there been any hint about its former name, and I've tried finding the founding dates of all the domains. So, it was just some Brecht realm, obviously not important. I've wanted to name it Roslöw(en)/Roschlöw(en), which turned to Rzhlev by Vos corrupted pronunciation.
    Rey M. - court wizard of Tuarhievel

Witness3

I just want to take a moment to recognize and compliment Witness3's amazing work on Rzhlev. Firstly, he takes the time to ensure readers don't make the mistake of thinking his entries are canon. Secondly, his entries are clearly deeply rooted in the source material -- he goes out of his way to expand on canon, without contradicting it. Thirdly, he presents helpful options for DMs who wish to include Rzhlev in their campaign.

This is not to minimize his other contributions to this wiki in any way. But, truly, I feel that his work on Rzhlev and its associated characters and domains should be the example we all look to when working to fill in the blanks in other areas of Cerilia.

Comments
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. Rzhlev was the the setting of my first adventure ever in Birthright, I felt a tribute was due.

However I need to point out how much important is the community in building this lore. For example, this discussion page gave me the idea not only for the former brecht name of Rzhlev, but also to give some focus on language, and how language (and therefore way of thinking) changed since the invasion; Sorontar gave me the precious suggestion of imagining the overlook's brecht language more similar to the eastern baltic (like the fantasy version of the hanseatic league it is), and let's not forget his continual, charge-free work of editing he does on the pages; Mangudai from discord helped with the picture frame; your pointing out the contradictions within the Vierklevven has shaped the current proposal - Brigitta being the regent is now an hypothesis among the others, and not the most probable one anymore; also, your work on the mistmoor has expanded the realms' history and is giving me motivation to add hooks to that accursed land here and there.

In short, I think this realm "getting done" is the proof that our community is pretty much alive, and in terms of enriching lore and canon there is still so much to do.

Tags for this Page

Similar Pages

1. Domain:Rzhlev
    By BRadmin in forum Category
    Comments: 0
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 11:03 AM