LG Medium Humanoid

VP/WP 35/17

Init +1

Senses Listen, Spot

Languages Rjuven

AC 20, Ringmail and Kite Shield, touch 15, flatfooted 17

Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3

Speed 20 ft

Melee +9 (masterwork longsword, 1d8+4 19-20/x2), +9 (masterwork lance 1d8+4 x3)

Mounted +11 (masterwork lance, 2d8+8 x3) (-2 to Rikhard's AC)

Ranged +5 (mighty [Str 18] masterwork composite longbow 1d8+4 x3)

Base Atk +3; Grp +7

Abilities Str 18, Dex 13, Con 17, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 13

Feats: Negotiator, Weapon Focus (Longsword), Mounted Combat

Skills:

Special Qualities: Bred to the Saddle, Rank, Title, Education, Protector

Possessions: masterwork longsword, mighty [Str 18] masterwork composite longbow, masterwork ringmail, potion of cure moderate wounds, potion of bull's strength

Bred to the Saddle As a member of the lesser nobility, Rikhard learned to ride from an early age and spent many hours hunting, riding, and otherwise keeping physically fit. Rikhard receives a +2 lineage bonus to Ride checks and a +2 lineage bonus to his Con score.

Rank Rikhard has the right to bear arms, the right to a unique set of arms (a bear of blue on a field of gold), the right to dispense justice, attend Hjalmar Helder's court in Kolding, the right to a trial of his peers, &c.

Title Anywhere Rikhard will be recognized as Herrn Rikhard (Sir Richard)

Education Rikhard receives a +3 class bonus to Knowledge (Nobility) and Perform (Etiquette) checks.

Negotiator Rikhard receives a +2 bonus on all Diplomacy and Sense Motive checks.

Protector Whenever Rikhard undertakes a serious risk to himself to protect others he receives an gain of Regency.

[top]Typical Dialogue:

"Ho there you insolent dog! Slander the Cynning in my presence, and you challenge my honor as his sworn knight. Are you indeed willing to back your words with your sword?"

"Excellency, we shall have to fight these ogres, but I urge you stay behind me and fight defensively, your person is too valuable to risk. I am nothing, and willingly put myself at risk."

"Excellency the Rjuvik are on the move again, and I pray you give me leave to assemble with the King's Guard."

[top]Biograhy

Rikhard Alreksson is the son of Alrek Rosling and Dana Njalgrimsdotter. Alrek was a cunning warrior of Dhoesone's Nolien province who was matched by his father, Raevil Rosling, to Dana, the daughter of Njalgrim Frostisson, Eorl of Udvika. Alrek was a second son, his brother, Esbjorn Rosling, being the future Lord of Rosborg. Alrek served for a time in the army of Dhoesone against the goblins of Thurazor before the Baron established an alliance with the goblins. It was during this time he became known as Alrek the Blue, because of the blue cloak he wore, which in combination with his gold surcoat, identified his colors. Thereafter Alrek took residence in Udvika with his wife and her family. Dana was a capable mediator who used her position as the Eorl's daughter to keep an eye on any disruptive influences in the court of Udvika and isolate it. When Dana feigned to have forgotten the name of a petitioner, it showed her knowledge of a clear failing in their conduct and few would not seek to atone for their failing in a submissive audience with Dana.
When Njalgrim died, his oldest son, Djursun, succeeded him, and Alrek was made Steward of Udvika, and given extensive responsibilities in managing Djursun's holdings. Alrek's son, Rikhard was sent as a page in his uncle Djursun's court. Later, Rikhard served his other uncle, Skjada Njalgrimsson, as a shield-bearer when old One-Eye was the keystone in the Frontier Thunderers and a noted champion. Rikhard served Skjada for a few years after Skjada's retirement from the Thunderers and marriage to Bestla Dagmaersdotter, but young Rikhard saw himself following in his father's footsteps as a steward to Skjada and changed course.

For several years he served as a scout in Bern's Light Horse Guards. The old Marshal, Heidrek Bern took notice of Rikhard's loyalty and devotion and referred him to the Chamberlain, Hjalmar Helder, who was in need of a solid warrior who could act as a legate for the Chamberlain. Rikhard was deeply impressed by Hjalmar's efforts and vision and became his right hand in those affairs which did not require total secrecy. To some, Rikhard is known as the Chamberlain's Sword for the messages and duties which Rikhard undertakes for Hjalmar are not merry in the least. On occasion, Rikhard acts as a bodyguard for Hjalmar, such as when the Chamberlain must leave the realm on diplomatic missions. Today, when one receives a visit from Hjalmar's Sword, it is either because the steward wishes to issue a clear threat, or to seek aid against serious dangers.

Tags for this Page