Major Bloodline of Masela, 23
LN Medium Humanoid

VP/WP 76/15
Init +4, Senses Spot +12, Listen +1
Languages Rjuven

AC 20 Ringmail and Kite Shield, touch 16, flatfooted 20
Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6

Speed 20 ft armored, 30 ft unarmored
Melee +13/+8 (Arvaald's Tooth, masterwork greatsword, 2d6+6 19-20/x2)
Mounted +15/+10 (masterwork shortspear, 1d6+6 x2)
Thrown +10/+5 (masterwork shortspear, 1d6+6 x2, range 40)
Ranged +10/+5 (Arvaald's Sting, mighty [18] composite longbow +1, 1d8+5 x3, range 210 ft)
Base Atk +8/+3, Grp +12/+7

Abilities Str 19, Dex 10, Con 15, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 12
Feats: Leadership, Track, Weapon Focus (Shortspear), Improved Initiative, Point Blank Shot, Weapon Specialization (Shortspear), Mounted Combat, Far Shot, Inspired Leader, Ride-By Attack
Skills: Appraise +5, Diplomacy +10, Handle Animal +6, Intimidate +7, Ride +12, Spot +12, Survival +12, Swim +5
Special Qualities: Voice of Command, Rank, Title, Education, Rebel, Divine Aura, Bloodmark
Command Rating:5 Olfjor is a Steadfast Commander. Allies within 30 feet gain a +2 bonus to Armor Class against foes who have moved at least 5 feet before attacking.
Possessions: gauntlets of ogre power, mighty [18] composite longbow +1, bottomless drinking horn, masterwork ringmail, 5 masterwork shortspears, masterwork steel kiteshield, 50 normal arrows, light warhorse, military saddle, war sleigh
Description 5'9", 300 lbs +
Voice of Command: Olfjor is a product of a high noble lineage. He receives a +2 lineage bonus to Intimidate checks, a -2 to his Strength score, and a +2 to his Charisma score.
Leadership: At 6th level, Olfjor began to attract cohorts and followers
Rank: Olfjor has the right to bear arms, the right to a unique set of arms, the right to dispense justice, attend Varri Haraldsson's court in Hollingholmen, and a trial by his peers.
Title: Olfjor is the Jarl of Arvaald
Education: Olfjor receives a +6 bonus to all Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) and Perform (Etiquette) checks.
Track: Olfjor can use the Survival skill to follow the trails of creatures and characters.
Weapon Focus (Shortspear): Olfjor receives a +1 bonus on all attacks with his shortspears.
Improved Initiative: Olfjor gets a +4 bonus on initiative checks
Point Blank Shot: Olfjor receives a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls with a ranged weapon up to 30 ft.
Rebel: Whenever Olfjor defies an authority and gets away with it, he gains a point of regency for minor matters, and several points of regency as perhaps even a point of bloodline score for major matters. The amount of gain is related to the authority's majesty compared to his, and as a jarl, only a multi-province domain or realm, such as the King of Stjordvik or the High Druid of the Emerald Spiral is above him, and the severity of the defiance.
Bloodmark: Olfjor recives a +2 bonus on Diplomacy and Intimidate checks
Divine Aura:
Weapon Specialization (Shortspear): Olfjor gets a +2 bonus to damage with shortspears.
Mounted Combat: Olfjor may use his Ride check in place of his mount's AC.
Far Shot: The range of Olfjor's thrown weapons is doubled and his bow ranges are increased by 50%.
Inspired Leader: Olfjor gets a +2 modifier to his Leadership score. Olfjor may have two cohorts.
Ride-by Attack: Olfjor's attacks during a charge do not halt his animal, he can always move his mount's double movement. Olfjor's mounted charges do not provoke attacks of opportunity.
Blood Abilities: +4 to Survival checks to determine direction, +2 bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate, and Perform checks made to interact with dolphins.
framed|Olfjor Ylvarrik

Typical Dialogue:
"The king hath no seeming wits. He be an jarl like me; no better, maybe worse. And what care hath I of his doing? Am I not a fitting jarl, beloved by my people and best suited to protect and sit in judgement of them? If the king bids me to Hollingholmen, I send gentle defiance. I will not serve him, yet neither will I challenge him. He is little more than me for he is my cousin, and I have in me the blood of old king Snorri as much as he. Should he summon me against the Blood Skullers, there shall I go, for it is a glorious business to lay a thousand goblins down."
"Lo, what favor hath Erik bestowed on us that we receive his gift of wheat and barley in great abundance. Call for the druids that sacrifice and offering may be made for this."

[top]Biography:

Olfjor Ylvarrik is the Jarl of Arvaald. He is the son of Haakon Ylvarrik and Wittafridth Sotisdotter.

Jarl Olfjor has a thick red beard and long golden braids, this combination being the mark of Masela in the line of Ylvarrik. His manner is exiting, loud, and boisterous. His appearance among his people, before his troops, or in his longhouse creates a palpable enthusiasm. He is regarded as among the best single combatants in the Taelshore, with his incredible strength augmented by his gauntlets of ogre power. As a display of his physical power, he performs feats of great strength at feasts and celebrations. He is 5' 9" and over 300 pounds, a result of much ale consumed. Still, he remains strong and hearty, able as ever. His vigorous way of life, with ranging hunts and excursions to the Wall to drive off challengers does much to ward off ill effects from his love of feasts, with singing skalds and beautiful women. Olfjor prefers that the jarls, especially himself, have the autonomy to do as they please in their domains. He wants to see the athing weak and supports Varri precisely because he is weak and ineffective. Olfjor is not disloyal, just independent. His friend, and political ally, Guthrim Gauksson, Jarl of Hollenvik, however, is disloyal. The fears are that a strong display of King Varri's claims to supremacy over the jarls will drive Olfjor into Guthrim's politics of disloyalty in order to preserve his independence. Even those close to him do not know if these fears are well founded or not.

Olfjor's father raised his son in his own image. As soon as the young man came of age at 13 years, he was taught to hunt and fight. Olfjor soon developed a reputation as the best warrior in the country, which he still is. The son has continued the traditions of the father, not only skill at arms, but also the sponsorship of many festivals and the policy of fierce independence.

Olfjor has raised his own sons as he was raised. His oldest, Tjorkil Ylvarrik, is now old enough to earn a name for himself in the world. See Olfjor's court at Ylvarrik Castle for more on his family, cohorts, and followers.

Tags for this Page

Similar Pages

1. Ylvarrik family
    By BRadmin in forum Main
    Comments: 0
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 02:14 PM
  2. Ylvarrik Castle
    By BRadmin in forum Main
    Comments: 0
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 01:14 PM
  3. Isagel Ylvarrik
    By BRadmin in forum Main