Base Atk x

Abilities Str x, Dex x, Con x, Int x, Wis x, Cha x

Feats:

Skills:

Special Qualities: including linked blood abilities

Description:

Possessions:
Typical Dialogue:

"Damned woman! Curse it! Will she ever let me alone? Every penny of profit I might turn to my advantage turned to her own ends, I might as well be named butler for all the power I practice!"

"Of course Lady Bireon, this is but a minor set-back, I promise you that the guild will show a profit in Bjondrig 'ere midsummer"

[top]Biography:

Gareth is nominally the Guildsmaster of the Northlands Exchange in Dhoesone, in practice the 'retired Guildmistress' Mheallie Bireon still dominates the guild utterly. Gareth was once a proud young man with dreams of greatness, Mheallie turned his youthful drive to better the aims of the guild and then smothered Gareth in internal arguments and wrangling when he seemed bent on claiming a greater role in running the guild.
With Cariele just a few days ride south Gareth has little independence from Mheallie Bireon. He long ago realized the folly of showing independence ? or too great a skill at his job. Years of high-handed treatment (and an ambitious young wife) have however led him to start undermining Mheallie rather than simply wait for the old guildmistress to die.
Until his recent setbacks in Dhoesone Gareth had expected a prominent position after Mheallie retired or died and had prayed each winter for news that she had passed away. The loss of the guilds he once oversaw in Bjondrig, Nolien and Ruidewash have made rebuilding his guild a top priority ? for if Mheallie passes away soon he fears he would be lucky to keep his existing position under a new guildmaster.

[top]Plots and rumors

[top]A knightmare!

Viscount Randall Afrindell has requisitioned many supplies from Gareth?s holdings, paying at best cost and worse, is seemingly allied to Adaere Doneim. Gareth plans to ruin Randall?s reputation with the aid of the vixen Darnae Nolien. Afrindell seems to be a fool for a pretty face and his Heartland noble reputation and infamous comments about ?bifurcated frontier women? are likely to lead most Dhoesoneans to expect the worst of him regardless of his innocence.

[top]Keep your enemies distant

Gareth sees no point in directly opposing Mheallie, but her potential heirs are another matter. Gareth has reports of Storm?s plots against Amrie and has carefully suppressed these reports before it reached Mheallie. If Storm is unsuccessful, some of Gareth?s own agents may get the job done ? with Storm as a convenient fall guy.
More actively Gareth plots against his most prominent rival, Pierden of Deseirain who leads the guild in Alamie and Tuornen. Gareth has forged letters from Pierden which discuss business affairs ? overlooked ? when paying taxes to the respective dukes. If he can but get these to Lord Malcolm Nabhriene the duchess of Tuornen is bound to find out about Pierden?s tax evasion possibly eliminating as a rival. Gareth just needs to find a way of passing off the letters that doesn?t reveal his involvement.

Tags for this Page