Small (Humanoid (Gnome))CR 1
HP 8, hd1d8+4Initiative +1
AC 23 (+1 size, +1 Dex, +4 dodge, +6 banded mail, +1 buckler), touch 16, flat-fooded 18
Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2
Speed 15 ft. in banded mail armor (3 squares); base speed 20 ft.
Spot , Listen
Standard attacksBAB +1, Grapple ?3
|Full attack: Heavy pick +2 melee (1d4/x4) or light crossbow +3 ranged (1d6/19?20)|
|Gnome traits, svirfneblin traits, spell resistance 12|
|Skills Hide +2, Listen +2, Spot +2|
|Alignment Usually neutral, |
Organisation Company (2?4), squad (11?20 plus 1 leader of 3rd?6th level and 2 3rd-level lieutenants), or band (30?50 plus 1 3rd-level sergeant per 20 adults, 5 5th-level lieutenants, 3 7th-level captains, and 2?5 Medium earth elementals)
Also called deep gnomes, svirfneblin are said to dwell in great cities deep underground.
A svirfneblin has wiry, rock-colored skin usually medium brown to brownish gray. Only males are bald; females have stringy gray hair. The average svirfneblin lifespan is 250 years.
Svirfneblin speak Gnome, Common, and Undercommon.
Svirfneblin Traits (Ex): These traits are in addition to the rock gnometraits, except where noted.
- ?2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, ?4 Charisma. These adjustments replace the rock gnome?s ability score adjustments.
- Stonecunning: This ability grants deep gnomes a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework. A deep gnome who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as though actively searching, and can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A svirfneblin can also intuit depth, sensing the approximate distance underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up.
- Spell resistance equal to 11 + class levels.
- +2 racial bonus on all saving throws (figured into the statistics for the character presented here). This trait replaces the rock gnome?s racial bonus on saving throws against illusions.
- Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against illusion spells cast by svirfneblin. This adjustment stacks with those from similar effects, such as the Spell Focus feat.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against kobolds and goblinoids.
- +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against all creatures (figured into the statistics for the character presented here). This trait replaces the rock gnome?s dodge bonus against giants.
- Automatic Languages: Undercommon, Gnome, Common. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Orc, Terran. This trait replaces the rock gnome?s automatic and bonus languages.
- Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day?blindness/deafness (typical save DC 13), blur, disguise self. Caster level equals the svirfneblin?s class levels. The save DC is Charisma-based and include a +4 racial modifier. This trait replaces the rock gnome?s spell-like abilities.
- Nondetection (Su): A svirfneblin has a continuous nondetection ability as the spell (caster level equal to class levels).
- +2 racial bonus on Hide checks, which improves to +4 underground.
- Favored Class: Rogue.
- Level adjustment +3.
The svirfneblin warrior presented here had the following ability scores before racial adjustments: Str13, Dex11, Con12, Int10, Wis9, Cha8.
Challenge Rating: Svirfneblin with levels in NPC classes have a CR equal to their character level. Svirfneblin with levels in PC classes have a CR equal to their character level +1.
System Reference Document -> List of Creatures (SRD)
|This article is a D20 reference page|
The System Reference Document is a comprehensive toolbox consisting of rules, races, classes, feats, skills, various systems, spells, magic items, and monsters compatible with the d20 System version of Dungeons & Dragons and various other roleplaying games from Wizards of the Coast.
, 05-20-2007 at 01:20 AM|
Last edited by , 10-23-2011 at 12:00 PM
0 Comments, 485 Views
Loading Selected Tab - Please Wait
Tags for this Page
By Arjan in forum D20 system reference documentComments: 0Last Post: 05-19-2007, 11:54 PM
By Arjan in forum D20 system reference documentComments: 0Last Post: 05-19-2007, 11:22 PM
By Arjan in forum D20 system reference documentComments: 0Last Post: 05-19-2007, 11:04 PM