- Giant: Half-giants are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, half-giants have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Half-giant base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A half-giant can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Fire Acclimated: Half-giants have a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against all fire spells and effects. Half-giants are accustomed to enduring high temperatures.
- Powerful Build: The physical stature of half-giants lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger.
Whenever a half-giant is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the half-giant is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him.
A half-giant is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature?s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole can affect him. A half-giant can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject?s size category.
- Naturally Psionic: Half-giants gain 2 bonus power points at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability through another source, such as levels in a psionic class.
- Psi-Like Ability: 1/day?stomp. Manifester level is equal to 1/2 Hit Dice (minimum 1st). The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Giant, Gnoll, Ignan.
- Favored Class: Psychic warrior.
- Level Adjustment: +1.
System Reference Document -> Races (SRD)
|This article is a D20 reference page|
The System Reference Document is a comprehensive toolbox consisting of rules, races, classes, feats, skills, various systems, spells, magic items, and monsters compatible with the d20 System version of Dungeons & Dragons and various other roleplaying games from Wizards of the Coast.
, 05-20-2007 at 09:31 AM|
Last edited by , 10-23-2011 at 12:01 PM
0 Comments, 564 Views
Loading Selected Tab - Please Wait
Tags for this Page
By Arjan in forum D20 system reference documentComments: 0Last Post: 05-20-2007, 09:30 AM