Languages Rjuven

AC , touch , flatfooted

Fort + , Ref + , Will +

Speed ft

Melee Atk + (damage /critical, weapon)

Ranged + (damage /critical, weapon)

Base Atk + ; Grapple

Abilities Str , Dex , Con , Int , Wis , Cha

Feats: Weapon Focus (greatsword), Improved Initiative, Weapon Focus (Composite Longbow)

Skills: Appraise 1, Climb 2, Craft (Weaponsmith) 6, Swim 2

Special Qualities: including blood abilities

Description: , lbs

Possessions: chain shirt, large steel shield, masterwork greatsword, 2 potions of cure light wounds, bracelet of sustenance

Italicize feats and abilities followed by a brief description
framed|Brand Fyrisson

Typical Dialogue:

"Nay, I am in earnest. My own sons carry nothing of this divine fire, it makes little sense to risk a noble line such as I have been granted on one person like a candle in the wind. Rather, would I see Bjorn or his heirs as eorl of Namverg. I will select one of my grandsons and pass my bloodline on to him, and he will be raised in the house of another eorl. So will he be raised in noble fashion and know what it is to be a lord. I will make him lord of Namvik and he may one day be the head of all my descendants."

"More welcome are thee to my company than those councilors, I'll tell you that. I cannot follow their schemes and ideas, and they are quite weary of my simple brain. Tell, me Bjorn, does it profit us to spend so many days upon the irrigation works? The councilors say it feedith the crops, yet is it not by rain that Erik feedith them?"

Biography:

The former eorl of Namverg, Huljim Namvik, called the Ironhanded, joined the eorls Olfjor Ylvarrik and Guthrim Gauksson to keep the crown weak and quiet. Huljim, unlike his ally Olfjor, was not a beloved eorl, but a hated one. He allowed the guilds a free hand to exploit the land as long as they rewarded him with a share of the additional profits. The nomadic tribe of Loddi took offence to the abuse of the gifts of Erik and began to create trouble for eorl Huljim. The old eorl attempted to suppress the Loddi by force, but that brought the whole province to rebellion. Huljim took refuge in his fortified town of Namvik, but the townspeople hated him as much as the peasants and tribesmen. A small band of citizens crept into his manor and killed the old eorl.

One of the leaders of this assasination was the warrior Brand Fyrisson, and he was hailed as
a hero after the tyrant was gone. The only other lord in the province was Bjorn Hollenviker,
the son of the high druid, who had married the daughter of the old Lord of Åsele. Bjorn refused
to be made eorl, and suggested that the athing select a new eorl from the people. So was Brand
selected by the athing by virtue of his leading role in removing old Ironhand. The druids, by
ancient ritual transfered the old Namvik bloodline to Brand, a ritual they called the Land's Choice.

The initial enthusiasm of the people for Huljim has waned as his mediocrity has become
more apparant. Huljim has had the good sense to devolve most of the real power on Bjorn, the
Lord of Åselel. In fact, he sees in his own sons the same defects that he possesses, and has
decided to name Bjorn as his heir. He has selected his grandson Lars as his blood heir and
made him Lord of Namvik. Lars is being raised in the house of Skjada, the One-Eye, who is
eorl of Saerskaap.

Tags for this Page

Similar Pages

1. Frost Brand (Magic Weapon)
    By Arjan in forum D20 system reference document
    Comments: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2007, 09:05 AM