+ Reply to Page
    Comments
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ruornil's Gift seems to have an error in the spell description...what does this have to do with a domain spell slot for a Magician spell?!?

Ruornil's Gift
    Transmutation
    Level: Spell 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
    Components: V, S, F (and possibly M/DF, F, and XP)
    Casting Time: 15 minutes
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: Instantaneous
    This spell allows clerics of Ruornil to read and prepare a magician spell of one level lower than the spell slot used to memorize Ruornil's Gift. For example, Ruornil's gift, memorized as a 1st level domain spell, could be used to cast a 0-level magician spell. During the spell's 15 minute casting time, you can scan your spellbook (see below) and choose one spell to read and prepare. Once you choose and prepare an arcane spell, you retain it in your mind. The prepared spell occupies the appropriate domain spell slot (this spell is only available as a domain spell) until it is cast.

Comments
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe the point of the clerical spell is that it allows a cleric of Ruornil to use some spells from a Magician's spelllist. Once the Magician's spell is memorised, it is treated like it is a Clerical domain spell of the equivalent level, i.e., you can't memorise and use it if you don't have a slot for a clerical spell of the suitable level. Once cast, you forget the Magician spell and will have to cast Ruornil's Gift again if you want to reuse it.

Or do you see another problem?

Sorontar
    Sorontar
    Information Communication ILLUMINATION!!

Comments
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
    I believe the point of the clerical spell is that it allows a cleric of Ruornil to use some spells from a Magician's spelllist. Once the Magician's spell is memorised, it is treated like it is a Clerical domain spell of the equivalent level, i.e., you can't memorise and use it if you don't have a slot for a clerical spell of the suitable level. Once cast, you forget the Magician spell and will have to cast Ruornil's Gift again if you want to reuse it.

Or do you see another problem?

Sorontar
    LOL OK this is my bad..in my mind Domain Spell and Realm Spell were blending together!

Although I do think that last sentence is what confused me:
    The prepared spell occupies the appropriate domain spell slot (this spell is only available as a domain spell) until it is cast.
    Maybe deleting the last sentence, or removing the parenthetical part, would be better.

Tags for this Page

Similar Pages

1. Chapter three/Magic/Divine magic
    By Sorontar in forum Birthright Campaign Setting 3.5
    Comments: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 06:35 AM
  2. Chapter three/Magic/Fundamentals of Cerilian magic
    By Sorontar in forum Birthright Campaign Setting 3.5
    Comments: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 06:58 AM
  3. Magic Item Descriptions (Rules)
    By Arjan in forum D20 system reference document