+ Reply to Page

Smile suggested adjustments

Hi hereby a suggested adjustment:

The 'master Merchant' bonus is rather unspecific:, and on domain-level actions related to trade and finance.

My suggestion would be: +2 to Create, Contest, and Rule Guild Holdings actions

Comments
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds fairly reasonable, but leaving it open allows a creative player some leeway to argue it should apply in some adventures possibly, or in avoiding negative effects of a finance action, or in a fiscal decree - it depends on how loose you want the game (i.e. how much DM input you can afford) I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post
    Sounds fairly reasonable, but leaving it open allows a creative player some leeway to argue it should apply in some adventures possibly, or in avoiding negative effects of a finance action, or in a fiscal decree - it depends on how loose you want the game (i.e. how much DM input you can afford) I suspect.
    Thanks for the fast response!

In my experience having clear rules should not close creative players from arguing bonuses or difficulty levels of checks.

And where would one draw the line when leaving rules open?
    The other feats seem rather clear incomprehension?

I'm not against an open rule system, it's just when building a system I think it needs to be consistent.

I just don't think the power/ usefulness of a feat should be to much dependent on the players ability to argument for it's uses.

for example a player could argue a +2 bonus to create guildholdings.
    or another player could argue a +2 bonus to all guild and trade route actions and diplomacy action concerning trade and money.
    (and them making the feat more powerful than master diplomat.)

Comments
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fair points, and there does need to be balance between the feats where possible to prevent obsolescence and identikit issues.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post
    Fair points, and there does need to be balance between the feats where possible to prevent obsolescence and identikit issues.
    I totally agree with the importance of game balance.

I have no rights to edit a protected page, otherwise I would have done it.

Did you get a chance to look at the suggestion for Adjusting domain attitude?

Comments
    Downloads
    Uploads
    While the BRCS 3rd Ed PDF is the "official" document, the wiki BRCS pages are expected to match them. For that reason, we don't allow editting of the BRCS wiki pages until the pdf file is editted (which may never happen). However, people are welcome to copy all or part of the BRCS pages to a new wiki page and edit them there as much as they want. This has been done on a few occassions already. Mods will place a SeeAlso link to the alternate page on the BRCS page.

If there are any known errors in the pdf, they are listed on http://www.birthright.net/forums/sho...le=BRCS:Errata . This page is only for errors and is protected like the other BRCS pages. Any errors listed on the forum are added by one of mods (normally me). Any suggested changes to the rules are not errors and will not normally be added.

Sorontar
    Sorontar
    Information Communication ILLUMINATION!!

Tags for this Page

Similar Pages

1. Chapter three/Magic/Spell descriptions
    By Sorontar in forum Birthright Campaign Setting 3.5
    Comments: 3
    Last Post: 08-22-2021, 02:03 PM
  2. Chapter one/Feats
    By Sorontar in forum Birthright Campaign Setting 3.5
    Comments: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 03:55 AM
  3. New feat descriptions
    By Sorontar in forum Main