BRCS:Chapter one/Character/Half-Elves, Cerilian
Main Page » Chapter one/Character » Chapter one/Character/Half-Elves, Cerilian
From time to time, a particularly handsome or beautiful human with courage and a gracious manner can walk among the Sidhelien and return unscathed. A few humans have even been accepted as equals in the elven courts. Mortals quickly become lost in the elven spell; the years reel by in splendour and celebration, while the world outside comes to a halt or leaps centuries ahead. The mortal may return home to find that only a single night passed, or that a hundred years have passed him by. More often than not, his life runs out in an eye blink, like a moth dancing too close to the flame.
Half-elves are the children of these unusual men and women and their elven hosts. The elves regard them as Sidhelien, and welcome them in elven society. Humans are more suspicious of half-elves, referring to them as bewitched or as changelings. It is rare for half-elves to leave the elven woods.
Like elves, half-elves are beautiful and graceful, but their builds are heavier ? they're well within the human ranges of height and weight. They share their elven parent's night vision, but have to sleep as much as a human.
Racial Abilities: Cerilian half-elves have the following racial traits:
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution.
- Medium-size, base speed of 30 feet.
- Immunity to magic sleep spells and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Low-light Vision: A half-elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- +2 racial saving throw bonus against disease and aging attacks.
- +1 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks.
- Infamous reputation: Elves are infamous for pursuing campaigns against entire races, including gnolls, goblins, and even humans in many regions (including most of Anuire). Half-elves receive a -2 racial penalty to Diplomacy, a -2 racial penalty to Gather Information, and a +2 racial bonus to Intimidate in areas where they have an infamous reputation.
- Elven Blood: A half-elf can be considered an elf for many purposes, including the casting of true magic.
- [Cerilian half-elves do not gain the +2 bonus to Diplomacy and Gather Information received by Player?s Handbook half-elves.]
- Automatic Language: Sidhelien or the language of their human parent. Bonus Languages: Sidhelien, or any regional human dialect (Anuirean, Basarji, Low Brecht, High Brecht, Rjuven, or Vos).
- Favored Class: Any
- variant based on this page
Half-Elves (SRD Race)
|This article is a Birthright Campaign Setting (D&D 3.5/D20) page|
The BRCS Document is a comprehensive toolbox consisting of rules, races, classes, feats, skills, various systems, spells, magic items, and monsters compatible with the d20 System version of Dungeons & Dragons from Wizards of the Coast.
, 08-07-2008 at 11:46 PM|
Last edited by , 10-23-2011 at 12:07 PM
0 Comments, 1,057 Views
Loading Selected Tab - Please Wait