Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Aduria map not working on wiki

I just discovered the Aduria Campaign Setting and was looking for information. But the Aduria wiki page seems to have the map missing.

Could someone please repair that page, so I can see what the map is supposed to look like.
    David "Big Mac" Shepheard
    Visit my Yahoo links for: Birthright websites
    (If I am not here, you can find me at the Birthright forum at The Piazza.)

Downloads
    Uploads
    May be you can see here

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopefully the revised link now works.

When we upgraded the platform some of the coding for the old platform no longer worked.

You now need to use the command "image=name of file.file suffix" code, then the explanatory text, then close the image command to link to the image.
    Last edited by AndrewTall; 02-07-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've attached a word file which shows how to link to various pages and has a few other bits in it.

Now all I need to do it properly update the wiki 101 that I did for the old system.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you.
    the doc seems an essential work for the wiki. May be can attached it in a dedicated topic for more visibility.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Arius Vistoon View Post
    May be you can see here
    Thanks.

I did find a link someone made in the forum to "Rich Baker's original map", but I figured that probably meant that the "Birthright.net official fanon map" would be different from that.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post
    Hopefully the revised link now works.

When we upgraded the platform some of the coding for the old platform no longer worked.
    Thanks. I figured it might be something like that, as Birthright.net is a pretty complex website, using both vBulletin and MediaWiki together. I know that ENWorld had problems when they tried to do the same thing you guys have done over here.

You now need to use the command "image=name of file.file suffix" code, then the explanatory text, then close the image command to link to the image.
    I do know how to edit MediaWiki code (and have a wiki for another D&D campaign setting) but I'm afraid my Birthright-fu is not good enough for me to do edit-fixes where you need to locate content or pictures. Maybe when I have learned a bit more, I might do something useful around here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think Bjorn has done a lot of work on Aduria on his pbem website. I looked at it a little bit in the Aduria forums and shared some ideas on a brainstorm thread. There are at least 3 maps there I posted including the Richard Baker map. I think Bjorn's work is adhering to the printed works scattered around. However, one contradiction seems to be Alitaene (check spelling Aquataine) being located north Aduria as mentioned in the Dragon Mag blurbs, and Richard Baker's blog mention of it being by the celtic island.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    Thanks. I figured it might be something like that, as Birthright.net is a pretty complex website, using both vBulletin and MediaWiki together. I know that ENWorld had problems when they tried to do the same thing you guys have done over here.
    That's one reason why I was always so grateful to Arjan for his work, I'm on unknown unknown's here and have no idea what to do if the site has issues now (beyond begging Arius to fix it).

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    I do know how to edit MediaWiki code (and have a wiki for another D&D campaign setting) but I'm afraid my Birthright-fu is not good enough for me to do edit-fixes where you need to locate content or pictures. Maybe when I have learned a bit more, I might do something useful around here.
    I'm your opposite, I'm relaxed about the BR setting and have very little idea on the coding.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Arius Vistoon View Post
    thank you.
    the doc seems an essential work for the wiki. May be can attached it in a dedicated topic for more visibility.
    I'll have a look at the comments, etc on my original wiki 101 document and update / merge the two documents to get a revised 101 for the new wiki. It's been on my mental "to do " list but I've no excuse to delay it at the moment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Magian View Post
    I think Bjorn has done a lot of work on Aduria on his pbem website. I looked at it a little bit in the Aduria forums and shared some ideas on a brainstorm thread. There are at least 3 maps there I posted including the Richard Baker map. I think Bjorn's work is adhering to the printed works scattered around. However, one contradiction seems to be Alitaene (check spelling Aquataine) being located north Aduria as mentioned in the Dragon Mag blurbs, and Richard Baker's blog mention of it being by the celtic island.
    Thanks. A friend dropped a link to Bjorn's website, when I mentioned Aduria at the Birthright forum at The Piazza.

I see dead images over there and am a bit worried that the website is starting to vanish.

That's one reason why I was always so grateful to Arjan for his work, I'm on unknown unknown's here and have no idea what to do if the site has issues now (beyond begging Arius to fix it).
    Reading about Arjan's resignation as webmaster of Birthright.net at the Birthright forum at The Piazza was what got me to come back here and look around. I'm really hoping that he reconsiders and doesn't let people that don't care about the setting get him down.

I'm your opposite, I'm relaxed about the BR setting and have very little idea on the coding.
    I started off editing D&D articles on Wikipedia (which also uses MediaWik). Wikipedia has its own policies on writing (like Neutral Point of View and Real World Point of View) that are not really relevant for an in-character encyclopedia, but their tutorials on how to edit can be useful things to point would-be editors of the Birthright.net Wiki at.

Wikipedia also has a Cheatsheet page, with most of the common stuff on it. I downloaded, printed and laminated a copy of the Wikipedia Cheatsheet from Wikimedia and used that for a few years. That was pretty useful for jogging my memory.

Thread Information