Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basic Question

Basic Question

OK....quick question.
    Have just been looking over the wiki site/ rules and I have to say I'm damn impressed. The last time I looked at the conversion rules was about 2 years ago and I thought they were "ok". The rules I see on the wiki site I am very interested in trying.
    So, the question: is there a place where I can download what's on the Wiki shy of "print screening" each page? I saw the rules for download in the download section, but looking at the dates I'm wondering if these are just the same set I downloaded a few years ago.
    Lastly, is there any work that needs done here? I have some of my OLD stuff from years ago that I could update and upload, but don't know if there is anything else I could do to help.
    Blastin (the old timer form the original AOL/TSR boards)

Downloads
    Uploads
    If there are realms, domains, PC's or other details you have created, add them to the appropriate page or add a page.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastin View Post
    OK....quick question.
    Have just been looking over the wiki site/ rules and I have to say I'm damn impressed. The last time I looked at the conversion rules was about 2 years ago and I thought they were "ok". The rules I see on the wiki site I am very interested in trying.
    So, the question: is there a place where I can download what's on the Wiki shy of "print screening" each page? I saw the rules for download in the download section, but looking at the dates I'm wondering if these are just the same set I downloaded a few years ago.
    The BRCS (rules) can be gotten from the sticky at the top of this topic.

Make sure you use the sanctioned chapter 1 and 2 instead of the BRCS-playtest version though.

http://www.birthright.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2628
    Duane Eggert

thanks much to both of you. Printing everything out now...

Can someone tell me the difference between the 'sanctioned chapters' and the 'Birthright 3ed revision'?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Someone correct me quickly if I get this wrong.

There have been three major updates of the Birthright rules that have appeared on the net. In order of production:
    1. Travis Doom's rules
    2. The Birthright.net playtest rules for 3.0
    3. The Birthright.net rules for 3.0 with chapters 1 & 2 updated for 3.5

The updated chapters were also slightly modified in various ways that were "sanctioned" by the Birthright.net community. This was done through discussions and polls between the BRCS commitee and the community.

The remaining chapters are still to be updated to 3.5 and synchronised with the changes to Ch 1 & 2. They *may* have had minor spelling errors, etc. corrected already. The Atlas of Cerilia (regional notes and NPCs) has not been published yet, but you may find elements of it on the Br Wiki and in other posts.

I believe that the complete BRCS pdf at http://www.birthright.net/forums/dow...?do=file&id=26 includes the new Ch1 & 2. I suspect that is the one you are meaning by the 'Birthright 3ed revision'. That is certainly the one I have been adding links to recently on the Br Wiki! If it only the original playtest, then we need to update it to the latest version.

Sorontar

Thanks for that clarification Sorontar. I was wondering about the differences myself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
    I believe that the complete BRCS pdf at http://www.birthright.net/forums/dow...?do=file&id=26 includes the new Ch1 & 2. I suspect that is the one you are meaning by the 'Birthright 3ed revision'. That is certainly the one I have been adding links to recently on the Br Wiki! If it only the original playtest, then we need to update it to the latest version.

Sorontar
    Looks like it is still the playtest version.

The obvious changes in the sanctioned Chapter 1 and 2 versions are roughly:

Racial abilites have greatly changed.

Dwarves get DR instead of 1/2 damage.

Elves and half-elves get the "shunned" effect.

half-elves don't get racial bonus to Diplomacy and Gather Information checks.

The paladin class, noble and magician have completely been redone.

Skills and feats have been revised substantially.

A lot of variants were added - like elven nature affinity for spells.

Chap 2 had the blood abilities completely redone.

No more templates, instead there are "scion class levels".

Basically a lot had been redone.
    Duane Eggert

I had a couple of quick questions:

One, I saw the BRCS seems to be on a hiatus, is there any way we can help to get it restarted?

Two, I have heard that large portions of the Atlas is complete, can it be put up as a playtest version of some kind like the BRCS was?

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I have asked that we could continue the updates of the BRCS, but I think you'd need to talk to Irdeggman

Thread Information