Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Magician Spell List

Is there a full spell list available for the Magician Class? The Wiki only shows spells up to 1st level.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i think that birthright D20 rulebook have the complete magician spell list

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the list for the BRCS.

Not included in the magic chapter yet and some spells need a detailed write-up.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Duane Eggert

Thanks for the information there. Now I know why I couldn't find it on the Wiki

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by EstebanDragonwing View Post
    Thanks for the information there. Now I know why I couldn't find it on the Wiki
    Well if you want to put it up....

I made the spell index purely as a starter for people to hang their stuff from - similarly for the tips pages, etc.

I read through that word file and compared it to the level 1 spells on the Wiki and the word file seems less then complete. At the moment I am setting up a game and writing my own setting, but I'll try to have a look at a full spell list for the magician.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by EstebanDragonwing View Post
    I read through that word file and compared it to the level 1 spells on the Wiki and the word file seems less then complete. At the moment I am setting up a game and writing my own setting, but I'll try to have a look at a full spell list for the magician.

The Word document is the "Official" list. It was sanctioned at the same time as the class was via Chap 1.

The wiki is in error here.

There was a conscious decision to not include the "cure" spells from the magician list (even though they are on the bard's list) - that is the one that quickly jumps at me.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by irdeggman View Post
    The Word document is the "Official" list. It was sanctioned at the same time as the class was via Chap 1.

The wiki is in error here.

There was a conscious decision to not include the "cure" spells from the magician list (even though they are on the bard's list) - that is the one that quickly jumps at me.
    Whoever did the page probably had the old list... The good thing about a wiki is that pages can be easy edited... I'd keep the list with cure spells as an alternate page though - it's consistent with other low magic users and a very useful addition to the magician list which could permit hedge wizards to get by - everyone needs healing from time to time and it can engender strong loyalties...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post
    Whoever did the page probably had the old list... The good thing about a wiki is that pages can be easy edited... I'd keep the list with cure spells as an alternate page though - it's consistent with other low magic users and a very useful addition to the magician list which could permit hedge wizards to get by - everyone needs healing from time to time and it can engender strong loyalties...
    Yes but bards have cure spells on their lists as well as the NPC adept class.

Many people had problems with bards (an arcane caster) having cure spells at all (hence the sidebar in the BRCS about dropping the cure spells).

Personnaly I think there are plenty of options already out there for cure spells with existing classes (clerics, druids, bards, rangers, paladins, adepts - for NPC) and the blood ability (healing).

And that doesn't count options in newer products or home-brew classes themselves.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Divine bards devoted to Cuiraecen, Laerme, or Erik makes more sense, since it fits the setting better, and doesn't require a change in the class design.

Sticking with bard-as-arcanist, serves very little purpose.

Thread Information