Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ruler of two domains

Imagine we have someone who rules two or more domains. How would GB and RP would be accounted for them? It makes sense to have GB separated for each domain, but for RP, I'm not sure what is the correct approach. Any ideas?

Regards,

Vicente

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, you know what my viewpoint is on that. Both domains are separate sources of GB & RP, but you still can't collect more RP than your bloodline will allow.

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like the more reasonable idea, but how do you decide how many RP you get from each domain if you are limited by your bloodline? Freely? Or tied to your actions? (you did more on Domain X, so you have to get more RP on Domain X).

Downloads
    Uploads
    The term domain is generic to this discussion as it could include non-landed domains. What I am assuming is that the domains in question are realms or landed domains. Along these lines I'd simply add the provinces as if they were part of the original domain and even in the case of non-landed add the holdings to the original domain. Even if they are separated by another realm that is how I'd interpret it. Thus, the regent only gets the normal amount of actions that all regents get to reflect the principles of "The Prince" by Machiavelli. The RP I would doubt would have separate pools. And in principle only need to be added as if part of one whole domain and divided up by the player to allocate to actions accordingly. The same could be said for the GB, but a separate treasury so to speak could be implemented in order to reflect the materials of each location if that is wanted by the parties involved playing out this example of gameplay. As for any titles to reflect being lord over both domains, simply add them to the list behind the character's name and have notes delineating what each title includes. Otherwise for optimum RP income and actions to build up both locations I'd suggest a vassal regent for one or the other. Even if your bloodline can gain the income from both domains your actions are still limited. Then again the problems of having a vassal come into play. I hope this helps.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i remembered i had this issue once in a pbem, where i had two different domains (one covert domain)
    the RP was indeed limited by my bloodline like Thelandrin said. but one pool (regency is ruler tied, not domain tied)
    So it doesnt really matter from which domain it came.. max is max

each domain had its own GB pool.

when it came to domain actions.. a regent simply got 3.. no more.. (you can not do more then you normally can)
    so two domains, still only 3 actions.
    but thats when a lieut comes in handy, or a pupet vassal. If treated as lieut, you can have a total of 5 actions, but each lieut can only perform an action in the responsible domain ofc.
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In Empire's Twilight, Ghorien Hiriele runs both the HOT and a Mieren colony, so the Mieren colony and the HOT keep their GB incomes separate and pool their RP income for Ghorien Hiriele.

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, to give more insight on the question, this is for a Birthright management tool I'm working on. While this case may not be very common, I have to think a reasonable way to handle it

So it seems the reasonable approach is GB are banked at Domain level, but RP are banked at Ruler level (I don't think the domain been landed or non-landed makes any difference here, maybe I'm missing something?).

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that's right. What I was implying was that it doesn't make a difference and the only way I could see someone thinking that it would is through land separation, when as I suggested even that doesn't matter really. When it comes to GB separation that may be an unnecessary complication. Since the regent has access to the GB pool like they do the RP pool being able to draw out of them and implement them anywhere they choose localizing province or holding treasuries may be more troublesome than its worth. Especially when occupation happens and tracking where all the GB all are at any given time. It also makes those locations more juicy targets and may add action to the domain play of moving GB around. If that's your thing, go for it. Those are just the first few things I could think of.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
    Well, to give more insight on the question, this is for a Birthright management tool I'm working on. While this case may not be very common, I have to think a reasonable way to handle it

So it seems the reasonable approach is GB are banked at Domain level, but RP are banked at Ruler level (I don't think the domain been landed or non-landed makes any difference here, maybe I'm missing something?).
    I had the same issue on my part. I decided that GB is domain and RP is regent, anyway you get your Rp on a turn base and you don't get more than you bloodline so this thinking was easy !

The GB part was a little more complicated, a Magian says, you can either pool them per action or the regent decide the source of the gb spending. For me I keep them seperated so the regent decide which treasury he wants to spend his GB. Of course the regent can take 1 gb in one domain and 1 gb in the other for the total of 2GB.

the physical location of the GB doesn't have to stay at the specific domain, everything can be pool at the same place.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mmm, well I think I will keep both accounts separated for GBs, and the regent will have to use the Grant action to move money from one account to the other.

As for actions, I have not thought all the cases, but I think it is always clear which Domain performs them, so it should be clear which treasury makes the expending (as I say, there may be corner cases I have not thought yet there).

Thread Information