Hello,

I recently discovered Birthright, and was totally enthralled. It's probably the best campaign setting I have seen from TSR, ever. I have some material (campaign setting, book of magecraft and priestcraft, some domain sourcebooks) and I started a campaign of my own, using AD&D 2nd Ed. (both I and my players decided to stick to a game system we already had and knew, and which was the one for which Birthright was designed for in the first place).

Being new, forgive me if my question has already been asked a bunch of times (I did look at the FAQ, but found no answer).

How's that high mage Aelies is a half elf (in theory max wizard level 12) and he is 16th level? Even if one took into account his intelligence 17, with the exceeding level limits rule, he should only get to level 14. Also, same problem (I have heard) with Rhuobe manslayer. Although I do not own Blood enemies, Abominations of Cerilia, I have heard that he is a F16/W16: again, 4 fighter levels above the theoretical maximum of 12. How's that?

Aba