Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been looking at my old saved pages of Solmyr's vassalage rules and the State Church rules in the book of Priestcraft.

I think that Solmyr has a good idea according to the copy of the rules I have, which may be updated by now, however I think that vassalage should be similar to the State Church rule.

If someone submits to another power, swear fealty to another lord or give a church recognition for being a state faith that the submitter should lose a bloodline strength. Even if it is willing or forced for one's own line is weakened by such a submission regardless if it is full of honor or good for the common wellfare of the state. The dominant should then receive the +1 str and perhaps this should include the church, or perhaps just landed lieges? The papacy?

Now if that is not agreeable I do then think the vassalage should at least benefit the liege more than the vassal in a +2 to the liege and +1 to the vassal. I still think the vassal should lose.

This could explain how the house of Avan has a 70 bloodline strength. Taeghas, Brosengae, PAI, Mieres, and WIT is +5. That is just a side note.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think bloodline stringeth should have anything to do with vassalage. I prefer to stick with to commitment of the vassal to pay RP, GBs and give troops to the lord. The primary purpose of vassalage in my mind should only occur when one's realm exceeds its managability by a single regent.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Thread Information