A while back when I was actually DMing in FR, some player characters commented that magically healing is the best, and near limitless...I decided that I would teach the haughty cleric a lesson.

The player characters were all from a single town and firends three of them were clerics and were fairly high-level (between 11-12th level...they had been playing the game for nearly a year and a half). Their hometown, while they were resting between adventures, was infected by the a diease similar to the Black Plague (the town had 11,237 residents). Within three days nearly 1/3 third of the population had the diease, and I had decided earlier anyone that was healed or cured would not relapse. The cleric was approached by an elderly woman who was caring for two children who were sick...he saw them and healed them immediately. He returned home. A few hours later a large mob of sick, unsick and dying were outside his door. The were screaming and pleading for him to heal them, or thier children. An NPC looked at the character and said "Now you must decide who will die...and why." I felt bad for doing this to the player, but everytime he would heal a child, a parent would plead and beg with him to heal them so that they might not leave their child alone I made every encounter for healing, heartwrentching...family firends begging for aid etc....within 5 days, 9000 residents were dead...including his parents when they refused to be healed when there were so many younger people who had their lives ahead of them. He had healed something like 75 people but with all his magic and power he still had to watch and listen to the dying and pleading of thousands more who knew he could help them.

My players say I am evil...perhaps I am but I think something like this occuring to a preist regent in BR would be an excellent time to see them grow as players and challenge them as well.