Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The solution is simple: put him on trial from the Holy Inquisition, and have him burned publicly for charges of heresy, witchcraft, and pactising with the Shadow(the last two are thrown in just for the heck of it. After all, you do burn this person of the public place; might as well make it right). Doesn't help? Aw well, its still a funny way to get rid of somebody annoying :P
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well said Morgramen!

Abbess, you do a fine job roleplaying! It is a pleasure and an honor to be in a group with you.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Lord Eldred. Now go to mass!
    Abbess Allessandra
    from the United Provinces of Haelyn
    "On your knees...to pray!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Morgramen, the player involved is just "learning" to roleplay and if he was any other player I would not have allowed the change.

Other players are fighting against the oppression of relgion and there will be conflicts with the NIT, maybe even arrest and such...*evil DM laughter* [3 rogues, 1 paladin (haelyn) and 1 fighter (who is turning to haelyn)]

thanks for the input ;)

~dmferry

Downloads
    Uploads
    obviously its a good idea not to pressure a new player or he wont have fun and will quit. maybe the mistake was putting him in such a demanding role for someone just learning.
    I personally have had to accept somethings that my character could and could not do for the sake of our campaign, although i didnt like some of the things he did, I adhered to his policys, rethought out my character and have played him to the best of my ability. and he still complains (lol no j/k). although he does take liberty to poke fun at and take advantqage of him anytime he can. anyways Lord Shaene is very fun to play, I get to be married to the Abbess Allesandra in game, LOL she has no idea what shes gotten into. i get to poke fun at Half-Elfs, (no j/k Chioran). I get to get into debates with Lord Eldred, well more like me yelling at him for having his guards arrest me. and I get to be a thief (everyone knows how much fun that is),

OK! OK! ABBESS, I know get to mass, Geez you don't have to pull my ear. (oh the joys of marriage)

note: Geez did you see the DM sucking up to Abbess, FYI its only because shes a real good cook and makes us dinner all the time. although she is a good role player for a girl that is
    Lord Shaene Conlynd
    Regent - United Provinces of Haelyn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Lord Shaene
    OK! OK! ABBESS, I know get to mass, Geez you don't have to pull my ear. (oh the joys of marriage)

note: Geez did you see the DM sucking up to Abbess, FYI its only because shes a real good cook and makes us dinner all the time. although she is a good role player for a girl that is
    Just remember you are married to Allessandra not the church. The church dictates what she does not her husband. That has proven time again by voting against you on council. You might want to ask Haelyn for better understaning of women. hehe VBG
    Abbess Allessandra

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah but the hardest thing that a thief needs to remember is that he married the lady not the church!
    Abbess Allessandra

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lord Shaene are you jealous about my comments on the Abbess? Are you worried that I have something up my sleeves? Can't take the competition? OK so I love her cooking!

BY the way, I had you arrested once. I will have you arrested again!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's important to remember that priests don't necessarily make perfect adherents. A player shouldn't give up a character because he doesn't meet the stereotype set for a given sect. A priest may truly believe in Haelyn's teachings, yet struggle with oaths of obedience from the human failing of pride or independence. In fact, the struggle to be a better follower or to adhere to precepts of the order should make for excellent roleplaying.
    Andy C

Downloads
    Uploads
    Andy C
    I have a priestess who sits on a Council. She is constantly torn between what Haelyn wants her to do and what her obligations are to the church and her congregations. It makes for some very interesting roleplaying indeed!
    Abbess Allessandra

Thread Information