Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intro

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, while surfing the net for a "chared" file for the PC game Birthright: The Gorgon's Alliance, I found this place. Imagine my surprise when I realize this a is RP forum, and not only about the PC game.

Still, I wonder could anyone link me to a page that has the CharEd program?

Also, I'm fairly new to D&D roleplaying, but I have been exposed to it. Being a huge fan of Birthright, I'd like to learn more about D&D here, since it would be Birthright themed. Any recommendations on how to learn? Or any volunteers to teach me?

Well, thats about it, hope to hear from someone soon.

Birthright Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Patrel - welcome to the forums!

If you're interested in learning D&D, I think the best thing to do would be to buy the PHB - it's $20 or $30 at most hobby shops of the proper type, I believe. Of course, discount that if you already have the PHB.

About Birthright - the game line itself was cancelled a number of years ago by WotC, so it might be hard to acquire a hard copy of the boxed set itself, which is a pity - it was truly one of the most beautiful pieces ever put out for D&D. Some Birthright products might be available online in electronic format, through WotC's site. I suppose they could also be found elsewhere...

Soon, we will start making an e-zine with Birthright-related articles. This will contain lots of little goodies for fans of the original campaign. Also, there will be an online conversion of the Birthright setting to the new 3e D&D rules (the current edition); this should work well for you, I hope.

Finally, if you want to get into some online Birthright activities, I'd advise seeking out a pbem. I think you'll find a link to one that's very good at bloodsilver.com.

I hope that helps! No idea on the CharEd program, though, sorry - though I'm sure others here would know.
    Jan E. Juvstad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm very new to the whole D&D thing, so don't be afraid to discuss things with me as if I knew nothing, because odds are I do not, lol.

PHB= Player's Hand Book, I assume?

If so, do I need 2nd Ed. or 3rd Ed. for Birthright?

Also, if Birthright is out-of-print, are Birthright books free online, or are they still under some copyright restriction? Not sure how things like that work.

Thanks again for your help.

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A character editor (along with the last patch and a scenario editor) can be downloaded from http://home.iprimus.com.au/msell/birthright/

Hope that helps.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Patrel Rushlock wrote:
    >
    > This post was generated by the Birthright.net message forum.
    > You can view the entire thread at: http://www.birthright.net/read.php?TID=1025
    >
    > Patrel Rushlock wrote:
    > Well, while surfing the net for a "chared" file for the PC game Birthright: The Gorgon`s Alliance, I found this place. Imagine my surprise when I realize this a is RP forum, and not only about the PC game.
    >
    > Still, I wonder could anyone link me to a page that has the CharEd program?
    >
    > Also, I`m fairly new to D&D roleplaying, but I have been exposed to it. Being a huge fan of Birthright, I`d like to learn more about D&D here, since it would be Birthright themed. Any recommendations on how to learn? Or any volunteers to teach me?

The point with roleplaying and I suppose you mean the face-to-face type
    (i.e. several people sitting around a table playing
    together with dice and paper) is that it`s 10 times easier to play than
    explain :) Try to find a group to play
    D&D with in your vicinity and ask nicely if you can join them. That way
    you learn the game...then you can later
    try to start your own BR D&D campaign or try to find one you can join.
    >
    > Well, thats about it, hope to hear from someone soon.
    >
    Of course the obvious place to look for interesting BR stuff is
    www.birthright.net if you haven`t already.

Cobos

************************************************** **************************
    The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    Birthright-l Archives: http://oracle.wizards.com/archives/birthright-l.html
    To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Patrel Rushlock
    If so, do I need 2nd Ed. or 3rd Ed. for Birthright?
    Birthright is originally a 2. Edition Campaign world. However, the 3. Edition conversion is available (look into some links); also some Prestige classes have been published here in the net. A complete all-new 3. Edition campaign book (net produkt) is on the way. therefore I would propose to play 3. Edition

Also, if Birthright is out-of-print, are Birthright books free online, or are they still under some copyright restriction? Not sure how things like that work.

There are some book for free download at the WoC page. this here is the official birthright page - so it defines Birthright new.
    my purpose is now to lead you into the Pallace where you shall have a clear and delightful view of all those various objects, and scattered excellencies, that lye up and down upon the face of creation, which are only seen by those that go down into the Seas, and by no other....

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Links to all the free (WotC) material for BR are available on my webpage. Visit http://users.chariot.net.au/~hoss/ the links are right at the end of the page. I think I've included everything.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for all the help everyone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    > Also, if Birthright is out-of-print, are Birthright
    > books free online, or are they still under some
    > copyright restriction? Not sure how things like
    > that work.
    >

At www.svgames.com there are a number of Birthright
    electronic releases, including the core box set. The
    downloads cost money, but they`re fairly cheap if I
    recall correctly.

=====
    --Chris Linebarger, master of the Imperial Archive (www.geocities.com/fearless_leader101)

************************************************** **************************
    The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    Birthright-l Archives: http://oracle.wizards.com/archives/birthright-l.html
    To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.
    NOTE: Messages posted by Birthright-L are automatically inserted posts originating from the mailing list linked to the forum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I down loaded the scnario editer and for some reson it dosenot seem to be working. I'm still runningthe original CD. When i use the patch on that site and then use the scenario editer it says DM RULE or something and gives me controle of like 7 places. Would any one know whats wrong

Thanks

Thread Information