Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello All,

I'm an avid fan of 3ed and Birthright and I noticed that it has been a while since the last announcement... How are things going? I hope they are going well. Is there any new news to report? I'd offer my help, but I donated all my Birthright material to my local university's gaming club and don't have access to it anymore. ;-(

I had no idea how much I'd miss that setting when I donated it (and all the supplements)... if I had perhaps I would have kept hold of it... so you can understand my interest in seeing a 3ed conversion.

Jaldaen

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Then you will probably enjoy the 3rd Edition Birthright Campaign Setting which will provide all that you need to play a 3rd Edition BR game (well almost anyway).

As for how it is going, chapter 1 is nearly final, chapters 2, 3, 6, 7, and 8 are in draft or close to it. (This is out of 11 chapters)

Chapter 4, 5 & 9 are being worked on at the moment.

Chapter 4, which is the one I'm working on at the moment, should (finger's crossed here) have a first draft done by the end of the month. Chapter 4 is a look at the gods, planar cosmology, and religious sects by the way. Not sure when the other two are due for completion.

Which leaves chapter's 10 (running the game) and 11 (know thine enemy) to be started.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Raesene Andu,

Thanks for the information... I look forward to when this is released so that I can start up a new Birthright campaign ;-)

Jaldaen

Downloads
    Uploads
    Howdy!

You said chapter 1 is almost done.

Do you intend to release all the 11 chapters at one time or can will we get the chapters as soon as they get done?

I prefer the 2nd option, we can look it up and coment on them even before the 1st oficial release.

I also prefer the 2nd option cause i am almost DESPERATE fo BirthRight :) .... now seriously witch release method you intend to use?

just my 2cp.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Everything will be released at once, as a complete downloadable book. It could be quite large I am thinking... :)

However, some small sections will be available as a preview in the upcoming (as yet untitled) Birthright e-zine. It is due for release on the end of october, assuming we can find people interested in writing for it.

Although not confirmed, the first issue of the e-zine should be a look at Anuire, providing you with some 3E stuff to use for Anuirean campaigns.

I know this is probably WAY too late but I will pipe in anyway. Never let timing stop me before.

I hope the group looked at the way human races were differenciated in the Wheel of Time game. While I use the system for all of my d20 games, I understand others may chose differently. The racial `specialization` really distinguishes humans and is worth a look at.

The second thing is the bump in skill points. BR could really use it.

************************************************** **************************
    The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    Birthright-l Archives: http://oracle.wizards.com/archives/birthright-l.html
    To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.
    Hello, I guess I gotta have a sig.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, I haven't seen the Wheel of Time game, so I don't know if the BRCS matches the rules presented in it. All I can say though, is that I was happy with the way everything so far has been written up, and that is saying something...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, most of the development group does not have a copy of the Wheel of Time. OK, at least I don't have a copy of it either and am not planning on getting one. :)
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are the bloodlines going to be tied to levels as per the Doom conversion, or are you doing something else? :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think Doom's conversion tied bloodlines to levels did it?

Anyway, no, bloodlines in the BRCS will not be tied to levels as such. The system will be different than that presented in the original rules though, and I think a much better system, especially in term of game balance, while still keeping true to the setting.

This was one part of the rules I wasn't sure could be done right, but I'm please with what has been done (although I had little to do with that particular chapter).

Thread Information