Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Private Stuff

Downloads
    Uploads
    What the hell, (I'm saving for a Law Holding...)

I'm a 29-and-nine-tenths Scot living in Glasgow. I've been playing Birthright for nigh on 6 months now (newbie! argh!) and rpgs since I bought the Red Box Set in '89 and turn some of my friends into geeks. Most of them got better, but it turned out I was a terminal case.

I have yet to play Birthright, as I GM an "Each to His Throne" game at the moment. For my next project, I will be learning to sky-dive by throwing myself off the learning curve.

Oh, and I used to be a Computer Game Designer (Moby Games has a page about me but it's a bit pants ) but I'm better now.

CM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My name is Richard, and as far as I can tell, I am the granddaddy of them all at 39. I live on the Canadian prairies. My first D&D game was set in the BR world. I played a thief who was a vassal of the Duchess of Brosengae. (Not the published one.) I played quite a bit of Shadowrun before I came to D&D.

I am a manager in a video store and I spent too long years in university. I studied theology and philosophy, and I am an Egyptomaniac.

Usermaatre

P.S. Usermaatre was part of the throne name of Pharaoh Ramesses II. His full throne name (as far as I know) was Usermaatre-setepenre. Ramesses was his birth name.

His names means:

User-maat-re, setep-en-re
    Powerful is-the truth/law-of Ra, Chosen-of-Ra

Ramesses means Ra is born.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't post anything to this forum this far, but I have been reading it from very start. Anyway, I'm 24 (nearly 25) Finnish male living in northern Finland city called Oulu (not that one in the Realm of White Witch :)). Btw, it's funny how these "fantasy" names has real world connections (another example is Vaasa in FR that is another city of Finland).

I have been playing RPGs since I was 9 or 10. First we started with D&D and when we didn't understood how the combat worked, we changed to MERP (Middle Earth Roleplaying game). After few years we tried D&D again and this time succesfully. After that it has been D&D, AD&D or D&D 3rdE. Nowadays I DM the games (last 10 years), but I like playing too. I just don't get much opportunities to do so. Favourite campaing settings are BR (naturally) and Dragonlance. Sometimes I want to play highfantasy setting and for that I have Plancescape and FR. When I'm not playing RPGs I'm doing my job as a system desinger in company that desings testing equipment for GSM and 3G networks or I'm with my other hobbies (gym, rollerskating, reading...).

Picture of me (if someone is really that interested) can be found in:

http://www.city.fi/kayntikortti/kayntikort...i.php?n=tempest

(that guy on the right with a big smile :))
    I do believe
    Only Innocence can save the world

Downloads
    Uploads
    You here echoing footsteps slowly approaching from in front of the pub...The doors open and a tall, gaunt Man in flowing robes of black comes inside...You cannot detemine what race of being that he is but his eyes seem to shed an unhealthy reddish glow and he appears almost skeletal.

"greeting travellers" he says to you in a deep and sepulchral voice...

I am 28 years old and have been playing D&D for 18 years now and I will play it for another 58 if I have my way I currently live in northern vermont in the united states but I generally move every 6 months or so to another part of the country and every 2 or 3 years to another country for a little while.My favorite campaign setting has been Birthright since the day they came out with it.
    I am hoping that eventually I will be able to get into an online game of it but if not then thats okay as well for I shall just start dm'ing in whatever community I find myself in.
    I have been a lurker off and on at this site since the beginning and this is my third i.d. for this site.( for some reason it keeps losing my account every year or so ).

The gaunt figure slowly leaves the same way that he came in...
    Check this out From Thanatos Arch-Necromancer of undeath

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm new to this website so i haven't posted much but i'm no stranger to Birthright. The names Bryan and i'm 24 married and have a 9 month old daughter. I work at blockbuster video (its actually pretty cool!.)

As for Brithright i have been a hardcore player and DM of Bright right since it came out. Recently I retired my 27th level paladin of Haeyln named Manigant He was was the new thane of Taline when i retired him. Right now I'm playing a vos named Dimitri Valdine.

As for me DMing i'm finishing a 3 three year long campaign set in Brithright with my best friends. Thats about it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello, all. My real name is Christopher, I'm 28 years oldand I've been playing and running BR for about a year now. I play in CMonkey's excellent game. I'm running my second BR campaign, a follow on to the first one I ran (all new characters - only two survived the last campaign, and one of those went mad and evil.)

In real life I'm a boring admin assistant. I enjoy occasional LARPing, and GMing almost anything from Deadlands to SLA Industries to LO5R.

I'm enjoying this site, its nice to actually be able to talk to other GMs about the various niggles of BR.
    "As soon as war is declared, it will be impossible to hold the poets back. Rhyme is still the most effective drum."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh Goody... Here we go... I'm 17(almost 18) and have been gaming since... (nintendo at age 3 maybe?). When i first heard a vague description of D&D from my step brother(lvl 1clr 2nd Ed... 20 minotaurs... ran... only survivor) I was instantly fasicinated. it took several years before i had the resourses and knowledge needed to obtain a group and a starter kit for 3rd Edition. We beat all the premade mini-adventures with that kit and decided to step it up to the books. I read and memorized the three cores(which facinated me) and have run many (failed) sessions. our longest campain lasted maybe 4 sessions. I am the DM for my group and only once played as a player(failed session involving many goblins TOTALLY generic). Basically thing went downhill. a few years ago (2-5) I saw a birthright article on WotC.com describing the BR campaign setting... I was hooked. I searched the site repeatedly and unsuccessfully. Disheartened I left emptyhanded thinking BR was dead and gone. A Few months ago i was looking through some files on WotC and found a vague reference to a website tied to BR. I again Looked all over when, losing hope, i found a link to this site in an article by someone involved in the setting. (Damn to hell that site design). I since Downloaded the BRCS and am awaiting impatiently the D20 Atlas. On the rare occasions when my group is capable of meeting i am unprepared and either mess up or call it off. I rarely prepare as i have so few meets. I have several disorders(translated from doctor speech amout to Stubborness, Hopelessness, Depression, and the inability to focus on any work-involved task{interesting or not} for over 5 minutes). I take expensive medicine which doesent help and i'm financially unstable. I failed at most thing not D&D involed as well if they didn't involve computer\ninteno\PS2 games. I live in Oklahoma, USA. Near sallisaw... not close enough to have access to my friends but not far enough to avoid my enemies. I have a Permit but can rarely use it as my whole familiy is a workaholic machine(who think thier lazy cause thier always tired). I live in a house with my parents near my grandmothers farm. I think i once saw the light of day... it burns us precious... Night owls have few sympathizers. while Smart and Creative i have a poor memory and my academic abilities amout to all Fs since 7th grade or so. I have no social life outside of my D&D group. I am being stifled and have no future.

But enough about me... I'll post about my chars later...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Greetings to thee all... and if there is one old fellow here, that's me all right!

I am Greek, and have never truly had the opportunity to run a Birthright campaign; I hope my friends find the setting as delightful as I do (some of them do already )!

The funny part about me is that the first thing I found about BR was an old box (I think it was one of the Players' Secrets series thingies) in Kaissa (a chess/RPG/CCG/TCG store line), which was bought before I went back with more money; after that (and a few 2e information I found online), I literally fell on this page and got really stuck with the setting; even got an online version of a couple of books or two (not that I have the financial standing to buy more online, however cheap they might be - no credit card for me , and finding old 2e books here is really a pain on the neck).

I have playtested a couple of things and checked how they work, and am glad I contributed even a little to the whole effort. B)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,
    Nearly a thousand posts, but never on this thread...heh.

Well, my real name's Jeremy. I'm 28 now, currently a grad student in upstate New Hampshire getting my M.Ed. and Social Studies certification to teach secondary school. If I had the self-discipline to go for a Ph.D. I'd happily teach college, but I have this thing about the Ivory Tower, publish or perish, holier than thou, etc., etc.

I've been playing D&D since I was 6 - I remember my first character was an Elf named Sion (Basic D&D)...I could barely read and write, but my brother helped me make a character sheet. Funny old memories.

When I was 7, and my reading abilities were improving, I got a hold of the AD&D rulebooks, read through the 3 main books, raised my reading level by several years, and got 2 of my friends to be players in my first attempt at DMing. Hee hee, now that was funny, a 3rd-grader DM...Keep on the Borderlands converted to AD&D...I guess my expereince at converting between versions of D&D goes back a long way...

So after 20+ years of roleplaying, I'm back in D&D again after 3e came out - it impressed me as a real improvement over the old systems, after I took a 10 year break from D&D to explore other RPG's - there are many on my list of favorites: Werewolf & Mage, Bushido, Drakkar och Demoner (Swedish FRPG), Abberant, Shadowrun, Cyberpunk, and a bunch of homebrewed worlds with 'borrowed' mechanics. I only rarely have used published campaign settings, generally preferring to design my own settings and set them as my imagination sees fit.

Birthright, however, was an exception to the rule. I bought the box set when it was a new release because the desciption was so intriguing, even tho I didn't play much D&D at the time. I got the game, read through the books, and then put it on a shelf, where it sat and collected dust for years...

Then about two years ago, as I was getting turned on to 3rd edition D&D, I decided to break out the old BR box and see about converting the game to 3e. I ran a playtest campaign over the summer, made my rules adaptations, and started looking for players...

It was only later, after I had found a group of players, that I actually found this website and downloaded the BRCS. It was interesting to see how they had done the conversion vs. how I had done it, as I was playing with the domain rules straight from 2e. Overall, I really liked most of the BRCS ideas, adopted it wholesale and made my current campaign (now dubbed "The Southern Alliance") a playtest campaign. That was a year-and-half ago. I have five regent PC's in my live group, and two more long-distance players who run parallel stories through rare personal meetings and more often via phone and AIM.

The Southern Alliance campaign has spanned about 10 years in game time (it's currently 561 MR), and things are nearing their ultimate conclusion: several PC's are now epic (22nd-23rd level), the rest are near-epic, and there are numerous epic domains to match. The PC's most recent accomplishment was the slaying of the Spider, which was accompanied by a massive campaign to clear the Spiderfell of hostiles altogether. Quite the epic accomplishment, the deed that finally raised a few bloodline strengths and is now setting them up to declare one of their allies (Elana Alwer, an NPC who is the current Baroness of Roesone - long story) as their choice to be Empress. Of course, they have yet to face the Gorgon and his marauding armies, and Avanil, Boeruine, and Ghoere remain unwedded to the Alliance and unaccepting of anyone besides themselves to be Emperor (of course). Much of the rest of Anuire, however, has seen the strength of the Alliance's mutual defense pact and inter-realm cooperation, and signed on to what is now the Anuirean Alliance (it stretches through much of the Heartlands now, thanks to the South's pledge to aid against the Gorgon's inevitable invasion, and provide protection to Tuornen against Boeruine and Avanil if need be).

The wolves are at the door, but they're waiting to spot a weakness before they dare to raise a hand against this strong yet fledgling alliance...

It will soon be time to test if the Gorgon can be defeated by a group of high level characters (9x 21st to 25th level characters vs. the Gorgon and his main minions) - plus the issue of his big dragon will need to be resolved (freeing the dragon may be a prelude quest to the final confrontation).

There's a basic thumbnail sketch of me and my BR life. Later dayz!

Osprey

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wonderful chronicle, Osprey!

After a little pushing (you know who you are :P ), let me tell you that I was born on February the 22nd in 1984 and have only recently started RPing, about 3 years ago, even if my contact with RPGs goes back from whenst reading published material advertisements (no kidding)! :lol:

Thread Information