Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Arlen Blaede
    Sounds kinda a like Utopia for those who have accepted redemption with those who do not outside of that on what's left of the Earth or does Hell claim all those left behind?
    Revelation 20:10-15
    10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever. 11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

To put it bluntly, if your names not in the book your not in the kingdom.

Orginally posted by Riegan Swordwraith
    Sadly though in this world,one does not have such luxury.For too many times someone asks the God question and does not like what he hears.
    What are you trying to say with this statement?

with regards to the first half of your statements: If ones denies absolute truth in all forms your generalizations fo philosophy and religion maybe true (though that in itself would be invalid since no truth exists...). To deny the existance of any absolutes is foolishness--PERIOD.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How many times have you ever asked someone of their religous stance,have you received an answer,and you automatically wish to contradict their stance,how wrong they are for their choice of worship,or not to worship as the case may be??You may not be angry,you may not even say anything,but you automatically consider that person as something else,based on nothing more than whether or not they worship God or not,or how they do.That is what I am refering to.

As to the first half of my statement,I was showing the "truths" as parallels between religion and philosophy.
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Riegan Swordwraith
    How many times have you ever asked someone of their religous stance,have you received an answer,and you automatically wish to contradict their stance,how wrong they are for their choice of worship,or not to worship as the case may be??You may not be angry,you may not even say anything,but you automatically consider that person as something else,based on nothing more than whether or not they worship God or not, or how they do.That is what I am refering to.
    I do not judge anyone's religious beleifs. We are all humans with free will. Choose what you wish. ;) I will spare you my apologetic and any further philosophical rhetoric.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thank you for understanding.I myself have no problems with discussing theology.However my views are generally ill-received,and I actually have been called a heretic once.:)I am open-minded up to the point where someone closes their mind to me.

If I offended you Lawgiver or anyone else over my comments,allow me to appologise.When I said "you" in my statement,I was not refering to any ONE person,I was meaning any who was reading it.

Once I again I appologise for any offensive statements.
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is no use arguing with religous people. Not with God telling them how to win the argument.
    Cattle die and kinsmen die,
    thyself too soon must die,
    but one thing never, I ween, will die, --
    fair fame of one who has earned.
    HAVAMAL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just contest the bugger repeatedly. Then you don't have to listen to him anymore :P
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    How exactly did we get into this religious discussion? Was it my fault?

By the way how does one humble or exalt themselves?
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Thread Information