Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    [sits silently...leaning back in his chair.. stroking his goatee...]
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess that means I won't be inheriting the earth. I knew I shouldn't have cheered for the meek. I guess I am also assuming alot if I thought I was meek in the first place.

Hmm what do I do now?

Magian, is there a way to get back your meekness?
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Click your heels together three times chanting...no wait that's not it... Got be a solution around here some where....

Matthew 18:4
    'Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.'

Luke 14:11
    'For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.'

1 Peter 5:6
    'Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.'
    Lawgiver

Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    He who knows does not say, he who says does not know
    Cattle die and kinsmen die,
    thyself too soon must die,
    but one thing never, I ween, will die, --
    fair fame of one who has earned.
    HAVAMAL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try not! Do! Or do not... there is no try.
    Lawgiver

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is just really semantics but...

If the meek shall inherit the Earth....

Then who gets Heaven?
    Arlen Blaede-Blademaster
    Regent of Myddjarna
    First Lord of the Giant Downs

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Arlen Blaede
    This is just really semantics but...
    If the meek shall inherit the Earth....
    Then who gets Heaven?
    Revelation 21:1-3
    1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

Revelation 22:1-5
    1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. 3 No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. 4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5 There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign forever and ever.

Basically there is no longer a separation between heaven and earth. God brings His holy kingdom/city the New Jerusalem to the new earth. Thus the two are merged into one. They will be joined, but semi-separated (the New Jerusalem is surrounded by a massive wall). When the eternal kingdom comes God and His Son dwell there with those of mankind who accepted his offer of redemption.
    Lawgiver

Downloads
    Uploads
    Evil does not start with the Devil as good does not start with God.We as humans are creatures of free will,so the seeds of light and darkness starts with us.
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds kinda a like Utopia for those who have accepted redemption with those who do not outside of that on what's left of the Earth or does Hell claim all those left behind?
    Arlen Blaede-Blademaster
    Regent of Myddjarna
    First Lord of the Giant Downs

Downloads
    Uploads
    Religion and Philosophy are one and the same.They both are a way of living your life in order to reach a certain goal.In most philosophies it is a hightened enlightenment,in religion it usually is some final place of glory in the next life.All religion and all philosophies have three truths composed of three parts.1)Moon,the Sun,and the Earth.2)Mother,child,and the father.3)Life,Death,and Rebirth.

I am not Atheistic,nor am I Agnostic.I am not Christian,nor am I Muslim,Hindu,or Pagan.I simply am.One's religion and sense of self with that of which he understands not,should be his own decision.Sadly though in this world,one does not have such luxury.For too many times someone asks the God question and does not like what he hears.
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Thread Information