> levels in D&D, multiclass, he would be invincible, he would be a level
    > 41 character...not bad :->
    >

According to the conversion manual, a levl 25/16 character ends up as a
    level 29 character (add one-third of the lower class level). If you want to
    keep his spellcasting intact, that means he "only" has 13 levels as a
    fighter.

This gives him a BAB of +21, which is only four worse than what he would
    have had as a 25 th level fighter. It also gives him a LOT of spells. All in
    all, it seems reasonable.

/Carl

************************************************** **************************
    The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.
    NOTE: Messages posted by Birthright-L are automatically inserted posts originating from the mailing list linked to the forum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    << According to the conversion manual, a levl 25/16 character ends up as a
    level 29 character (add one-third of the lower class level).
    >>

You mean 30th-level. 16 / 3 = 5 + 1/3.

************************************************** **************************
    The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.
    NOTE: Messages posted by Birthright-L are automatically inserted posts originating from the mailing list linked to the forum.

Downloads
    Uploads

Our Gorgon

In our campaign (which runs since a few years in realtime) the Gorgon absored so many blood at Deismaar that he could be also a god but choosed not to be and stayed in Cerilia (written also in Blood Enemies). By us he is not only an awnshegh but a demipower (with divine ranks), too. We do not know the reason (yet) why he does not raid Cerilia but we know that he is after Haelyn (he wants to finish him for once and for all). We never confronted him (yet) but I am afraid that we will be so powerful in the near future that he will be busy with us.
    My character (high prefect of IHH) has a millenia-plan and I am working on stabilizing states, interstate relations and bring the Great Peace for the whole Cerilia (for races, religions, states, etc.). Paralel I am working on saving so many awnsheghs I can (of course those who deserve redemption). All steps I take are very-very careful only just because of the Gorgon. I sneak on tiptoe...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't see a problem with him being a 16th level wizard.

Since his fighter level is 25 (and came first no doubt) then he can't cast spells armored as a 16th level wizard. I would argue that because he is perpetually armored, he can't cast standard spells at all.

Casting Realm Spells is not limited by wearing armor (anywhere I have found at least) so he is able to cast Realm Spells as a 16th level wizard.

Now, what he is able to do if he uses some sort of Polymorph Self magic item would be a different story all together...

In any game I have ever run with the Gorgon, he is not one to use spells; but he knows them...maybe even all of them. He has had centuries to study though...so why isn't he higher level than 16th even? Well, because you gain no XP when you use your former class abilities...and the Black Prince loves his sword. The fact he has managed to become a 16th level Wizard is, for that reason, pretty impressive.

I have played him in the manner that he IS a powerful wizard. He uses his magic only sparingly and with focused intent though. He chained a dragon with his magic after all is my reasoning...not with a sword. He doesn't want to burn down his enemies though, he wants to cull their blood out of addiction to the feeling he gets from it. Aging bloodlines like fine wine through the ages...

Could he cast a Wall of Force, Fireball, or even a Death Spell? Sure he can; but to him magic is a tool of less importance compared to his raw physical might. He considers himself the mightiest warrior in the world (and is right!); and would not wish to sully his renowned and epic reputation by the casting of spells in battle.

He works his magic into his fortress. He casts spells to glean information. He chains dragons to his will with his spells. He shatters magical wards and protections against him with is magical might and He harnesses the land to his will with his magic...but for battle, he wouldn't lower himself to the ranks of the common spellcaster and forsake his martial prowess.

In effect, the way I play him, he IS an honorable warrior...it may be the last thing that ties him to any sort of mortality in fact; and to him, using magic in battle is a cowards weapon. He just won't do it.

Thread Information