Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sivar Windlass: Whats the difference in that and him simply conquering as he pleases?

By the way its, Achilles.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well the diference is that he cant teleport and kill the anoying adventurer! And it is a twist that I find interesting!

Thanks for the corection! I hope that no one was ofended by it! My first languge is not english, if no one has guessed

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, I think that the Gorgon was ONCE a wizard, but as his transformation into Rock Butt progressed, he lost the ability to manipulate the magic into workable effets (ala the reference to 'those big ass claws'). Following his acension into awnsheighlienhood, he could easyily have learned wizardry while he brooded his defeat and humiliation. As his blood transformation advanced, he slowly became less and less able to manipulate the needed intracicies of spell casting. Thus, he has the kowledge of wizardry, (but not the physical skill now) and can closely monitor/direct his regent-vassals.

This also fits as a nice compromise for the conflicting stats for Rock BUtt. They are both right, and both wrong. It all depends which time period you want to play in. If Rock Butt is still mostly Prince Raesaene, then he can use spells, if he's mostly the Gorgon, then spell casting is out, and he has to use proxies.

IMHO, it is wiser for him to aquire secret proxies and spys just as in Iron Throne (or was it War???). The regents of Anuire keep an eye out for Gorgon activity, but if they should discover that their trusted court mage is secretly working for the Gorgon... well, old Rock Butt would certainyl have a horn up on them. ;)
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    For teleporting I always say no to it. For the most simple reason as the last line of the spell description in the 2nd ED PHB, "Areas of strong physical or magical energies may make teleportation more hazardous or even impossible." Think about it for a moment. The regents are getting god-like energies channeled into them. The land is alive with such magic. Cerilia as a whole is overflowing with strong energies! This makes teleporting impossible or truely hazardous. No one teleports because you could die. Not a good thing for an age old awnsheighlein when they are dominant where they are. Better to wait and grow in power. Time is on their side.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just thought of something on the "big-ass claws" thing.If memory serves,Nagas in 2nd Ed. were spellcasters.They used spells that normally have somatic components.Nagas have no arms.How did they do this??They basically researched spells to the point where the spell no longer needs somatic components.

Just a thought.
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not that I know anything about nagas or FGR setting *hack* but I would say that they are like dragons in their spells and casting.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You could chalk it up to his 90% magic resistence. :P
    Lawgiver

Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally feel the gorgon is still a powerful wizard. I think he has had plenty of time to learn how to manipulate his spell casting to get around his loss of finger dexterity.
    Cattle die and kinsmen die,
    thyself too soon must die,
    but one thing never, I ween, will die, --
    fair fame of one who has earned.
    HAVAMAL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Perhaps the Gorgon could have tried to cast a spell or two in the past and due to them backfiring or having negative results he deemed it to dangerous to try again...
    Lawgiver

Downloads
    Uploads
    ...is only a partial bonus. A clever spellcaster who knows he's about to attack a creature with magic resistance will find a way arround...
    You don't get magic resistance check against everything after all; not against summoned monsters, not against indirect attack(i.e: a crumbling wall due to a lightning bolt, a rock to mud spell affecting the ground below you), etc...
    Of course, many people play the wizard as a dumb-wanna-be-fireball-thrower. Its obvious that such people will have a hard time against impressive creatures like the Gorgon.
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Thread Information