Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Class

Downloads
    Uploads
    Understandable, I haven't done it either. Even my fighters tend to have high intellect if at all possible.
    Explain how this is a signature, its not my handwriting.

The hardest part was teaching the bunnies to hug. -Duke Phillips

Downloads
    Uploads
    I played a rather dumb and unwise Fighter regent. Good fun, but not the best ruler.

I prefer the fighter type, although I am about to play my first BR mage in an upcoming game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I voted for fighter because currently it is the only Birthright character that I have played so far. Actually, this is my first experience in the Birthright setting. So far I have to say that the shear versatility of a fighter is the greatest part about being one. Clerics and Mages have their magic, and rogues and such have their guilds, but fighters are the middle man that has absolutely no qualms with using any of the above as lackeys, I mean lieutenants.
    Arlen Blaede-Blademaster
    Regent of Myddjarna
    First Lord of the Giant Downs

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have only played the Rogue in 3e and I love the concept of skills and the rogue is the master of them. I have currently worked him from level 1 to Rogue 9/Shadowdancer 2. I like the freedom to really tailor the character via skill points.

This being said, Clerics are very powerful individuals in 3e as my companion 11th level fellow can attest to.

Ron

Downloads
    Uploads
    After doing some more reading I think the class I would have the most fun with would be the Rogue. Something about being the guy in charge of all the secret spy stuff is just really cool. That and all the guilds and trade routes to profit from.
    It's like Robin Hood but different; steal from the rich and give to me.
    Arlen Blaede-Blademaster
    Regent of Myddjarna
    First Lord of the Giant Downs

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't really played many 3E characters yet, in fact, just the one, a dwarf who began life as a warrior in the army of Khurin-Azur, but discovered that he prefered a life of theft, murder and general evil doings. It remains to be seen how he survives.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, all.
    I prefer playing multiclass in 3ed, as up till now in D&D being anything except a streamlined characature has been tricky to say the least. But now Im playing my first 3ed character a 4th level Barbarian/Fighter/Cleric/Rouge.
    In the long run though my favorite chatacter type is fighter, but in 3ed its nice that its so easy to attach new strings to my bow :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I almost always play a cleric, sometimes cleric/ranger, but take my levels in cleric. People always say the whole point of roleplaying is to be something different than you are in real life, but I say it's impossible to role play well if you take on a character that acts differently than you would in real life - or maybe I just don't have that kind of ability. I like being the one people turn to when they need healing, or 'good' spells. And in 3rd ed, I like being able to burn spells that are of no use in a certain situation in order to keep on healing.

And Abbess, your old English is coming along beautifully! I keep trying, but it's hard not to lapse.
    "Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality."
    -Jules de Gaultier

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, all. Had to break the arcane-divine stalemate. :P
    I prefer playing an arcane caster, though I haven't settled on either wizard or sorcerer yet.

However, I often prefer that my characters come to that decision later in life, so they generally start out as either a thief or ranger, since I love stealth. When I do play a thief, they never pickpocket, instead focusing on the 'cat-burglar' or 'second-story thief' approach. Heavy hide/move/listen/climb/jump/tumble focus, with a craft or profession maxed out as a cover. The decision on whether the evenual-mage will pick up an earlier class is largely based on the rest of the party.

Inevitably, something happens, and it's time for a life-change. This is when they revisit their sorcerous nature or investigate the riddle of the Art.

I also look forward to playing a cleric in 3e. Haven't had the opportunity yet, since we've always had one already. Despite their significant boost, I'm not interested in fighters, and don't like the natures of paladins or barbarians. Monks are too static for too long in the lower levels, then overcompensate for it in the higher levels. Druids just don't interest me outside of Darksun. Bards might be interesting at some point, but they come after clerics in my order of preference.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've rewritten rangers in my campaign, as I don't understand how spending in the wilderness teaches you how to use both hands with equal ability. I found players took a level of ranger to gain three feats, and then became other classes, not roleplaying any ranger like aspects.

I got rid of the free ambidex and 2 weapon fighting and added 2 skills per level, a high reflex save and a favourite terrain ability, much the same as the favourite enemy.

Rangers have always been my favoutite class, since I started playing first ed way back in 1985.

And with humanoids able to level up in classes, gnolls, hobgoblins and orogs really throw down in combat.
    Gnoel
    Gnollish Ranger, scion of Reynir, of the Five Peaks
    -------------------------------------
    Pleased to eat you.

Thread Information