Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Undead, Energy Drain and Bloodlines

Any ideas if energy drain from undead attacks can drain bloodlines and even perhaps give bloodline Str to the drainer?

How about for the vampire and his bloodsucking?
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Spectral Scion, found int he last pages of the rjurik's book drains bloodstrength.

If you say that all vampires drain your blood, then the Vampire is not so special. Hm, well perhaps the vampires could gain only 1-2 points, while the Vampire acts like a tighmaevril.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think that energy drain and bloodline strength should be connected. energy drain is some kind of life energy and the bloodline strength is some kind of mystical power.

the spectral scion is a special case, it drains bloodline because of his creature-background.
    my purpose is now to lead you into the Pallace where you shall have a clear and delightful view of all those various objects, and scattered excellencies, that lye up and down upon the face of creation, which are only seen by those that go down into the Seas, and by no other....

Downloads
    Uploads
    >
    > If you say that all vampires drain your blood, then the
    > Vampire is not so special. Hm, well perhaps the vampires
    > could gain only 1-2 points, while the Vampire acts like a tighmaevril.

But there are no vampires in Birthright, right? Other way, there would
    be no THE Vampire.

************************************************** **************************
    The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    Birthright-l Archives: http://oracle.wizards.com/archives/birthright-l.html
    To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.

Downloads
    Uploads
    But there are no vampires in Birthright, right? Other way, there would
    be no THE Vampire.
    the fact that there is a special monster awnsheglien does not mean that "normal" monsters of that kind do not exist.
    For example there are hundreds of kraken in the seas in coincidence with the "anwsheglien kraken". the same could be true for a vampire, maybe there are some in the shadowworld.
    my purpose is now to lead you into the Pallace where you shall have a clear and delightful view of all those various objects, and scattered excellencies, that lye up and down upon the face of creation, which are only seen by those that go down into the Seas, and by no other....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Azrai

I don't think that energy drain and bloodline strength should be connected. energy drain is some kind of life energy and the bloodline strength is some kind of mystical power.

the spectral scion is a special case, it drains bloodline because of his creature-background.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with this. Specifically I was thinking about the Magian and the Riders. They are all considered scions, the Riders in life and the Magian now. I assume the Magian has drained them of their bloodlines or perhaps allowed them to keep part of it even if smaller than it was in life. (all up to the DM of course) Even if they have no bloodline str. could they be considered bld str 0 and act as scions in respect to the bloodline drain proposal?

Quote:

Posted by A_dark

The Spectral Scion, found int he last pages of the rjurik's book drains bloodstrength.

If you say that all vampires drain your blood, then the Vampire is not so special. Hm, well perhaps the vampires could gain only 1-2 points, while the Vampire acts like a tighmaevril.

If we consider special undead as bloodline draining monsters then how do we set it up? How does the Magian do it? What about his Riders if you allow that? The vampire I think would use his bite. Maybe a special attack could be used or perhaps as a result of his normal bite.

Also I think it would be cool for him to start a clan of vampires. He is CE so his intentions could be for power but of course and he may not forsee the holes in his plan until its too late. Of course according to BR history he would be the first vampire, but from memory I think he is a little different from the standard vampire thus maybe before the clan-thing can happen a character must slay him and absorb his bloodline in order for this kind of proginy to be produced. (the slaying and absorbtion in order to allow a transformation of the awnsheghlien)

I think that the vampire ability for drain could go something like this; the % of hp drained equals the % bloodline str. drained. Or maybe just a die roll.

Other undead with drain attack 1 point per hit. Or perhaps a die roll of some sort.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh one thing I forgot to mention. I am thinking of these abilities not only as a drain from the victim of the attack but also as a gain for the draining monster. Thus some transferance is involved perhaps reducing the amount drained to the amount absorbed like bloodtheft.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Magian

I am thinking of these abilities not only as a drain from the victim of the attack but also as a gain for the draining monster. Thus some transferance is involved perhaps reducing the amount drained to the amount absorbed like bloodtheft.
    I think, the vampire does this (That's why he mentioned it to enhance his bloodline from major to great). If other monsters do this, I don't know, but I think, the spectral scion's attack acts as tighmaevril as well, so he should gain the bloodline too.
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know the Vampire drains bloodline strength. He bit me once...
    I got better.
    Cattle die and kinsmen die,
    thyself too soon must die,
    but one thing never, I ween, will die, --
    fair fame of one who has earned.
    HAVAMAL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes the Vampire does it, but his bite does not transform the victim into a vampire. he is not really an undead creature, just transformed to resemble one.

The magian is different, since according to the rumours and of course the DM's choices, he is undead. However, I would not give him a blood draining ability. Energy Drain, dains the life force, Blood drain is something very different. Again, I will tell you to go look the Spextral Scion. Those are two different abilities. They can certainly coexist, so you can for instance have the special undead monster that sucks levels and bloodpoints, but not in one ability.

Bah, I will go copy the Spectral Scion :P

"A spectral scion temporarily drains 1d4 Con points with each succesful hit. When the victim reaches 0, it falls into a coma. During the coma, the SS can drain 1d6 bloodpoints per turn. When it reaches 4d6 the creature is sated and departs. The SS can drain the victim to no less than 1 point. When draining the SS is vunlerable to attacks by normal weapons taking half damage. (You need +1 or better normally) If the drained person kills the SS within 7 days his blood is restored. If the SS has drained someone else after the victim, the first victim's blood is lost forever and cannot be restored sort of spells. 10% of the drained bloodpoints are lost each day after the drain. Thus if the SS is killed 4 days after the drain, the victim will only get 60% of his blood back."

That;s it :)

The SS does not gain any blood. It actually destroys it. It wants to destroy it. It is also immune to all tighaevril and if you go to fight it with it, then it will snatch it off your hands and destroy it!! :)

The Vampire, Britter Kalt, though, does act like tighmaevrils and so did that Awnie he killed before he became what he is now. I would have Vampires gain bloodpoints, but I would not make them tighmaevril weapons. In my opinion they have to be lesser in power to The Vampire. :)

There are individuals with 0 Bloodlines. They are those that invested it to someone else. They are still blooded but with no power. There is one mentioned in the adventure in the Khinasi book, or in the Legends of the Hero Kings, he is in Serpent's servitude.

Reading some things and thinking, I believe that the actual undead cannot be blooded. They don't have blood, do they? Vampires would be an exception, but other than that, wraiths, or spectres would not have blood. The Magian perhaps is an exception or he simply is not an undead either, and falls under the same category I spoke of for the Vampire. But that is up to the DM I suppose. Plenty of room for interpreting these things any way one wants :)

I believe I have covered anything I could think of :P

Thread Information