Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there,
    I always wanted to know, why anyone likes to play a priest or paladin.

I favourite character is a priestess of Khirdai (Cuiraécen). Originally I created her because of the fighters attack bonus, :) but I began to see her many and diverse of fighting, healing and defence very fast. Not to forget the little bonus of controlling weather conditions :) and the electricity and cold resistence (at 7th level). I didn't like priests until I played her, today I would play a priest (of Cuiraécen, if possible) any time again.

So I would like to know, why anyone had the idea to play a priest or paladin of a cerilian deity (naturally Moradin, Karthatok and so on included).
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    In the 3. Edition Priests are quite strong characters. that would be a reason to play a priest. other people maybe like the good mixture of spell- and combat powers.
    my purpose is now to lead you into the Pallace where you shall have a clear and delightful view of all those various objects, and scattered excellencies, that lye up and down upon the face of creation, which are only seen by those that go down into the Seas, and by no other....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was more or less handed mine. I found it quite fun to play a female dwarven cleric who is now Queen of the dwarves. I am used to playing half elven rangers and mages and this seemed a nice challange. The holy attitude is pretty fun to play up sometimes!! Now I wouldn't trade her for the world!
    Queen Emerald Greybeard of Baruk Azhik

You wouldn't want to offend a dwarf that hits very hard, would you?

Downloads
    Uploads
    For the longest time I would only play a cleric. I think I liked it because of all the classes, a cleric and paladins, are the only ones that play with the power of the Gods!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I HATE paladins. I cannot stand their strict moral code.

I like priests, but only the Rasputin/Richelie kind. A LE priest of Haelyn can create totaly chaos in Anuire, make a Holy Inquisition, Excommunicate a bunch of people... :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by A_dark

What about a paladin of Cuiraécen, then?

I like priests, but only the Rasputin/Richelie kind. A LE priest of Haelyn can create totaly chaos in Anuire, make a Holy Inquisition, Excommunicate a bunch of people... :)
    Khirdai, be with me! The good will always win!! Taste my quarterstaff...

Downloads
    Uploads

It seems to me there was a posting about whether or not LE priests would be allowed in Haelyn's sects. Do you remember what the conclusions were from the majority?
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, not really, but I consider the LE priest of haelyn one of the best characters in this game so whatever the majority thinks, I would never abandon the idea :)

Paladins of Cuiraecen are rather hot headed for my tastes and even if they have a slightly more lenient ethos, they are still very restricted.

Downloads
    Uploads

I like priests, but only the Rasputin/Richelie kind. A LE priest of Haelyn can create totaly chaos in Anuire, make a Holy Inquisition, Excommunicate a bunch of people...
    A LE priest creates totaly chaos? Am I missing something or are you talking about a CE priest?

No, not really, but I consider the LE priest of haelyn one of the best characters in this game so whatever the majority thinks, I would never abandon the idea :)
    O.K., a LE priest of Healyn is allowed, but is he wanted? If its my oppinion, I would smite all of them (but what Haelyn does with his church, is not my problem...)

Downloads
    Uploads
    For me that depends, a Priest of Belinik, Haelyn, Erik, and Avani are fun, but the Palidin of Cuiraecen can be entertaing, sence they are usually CG
    Jonathan Rathbun

Thread Information