I'm working on the rules for my game, and recently started designing rules to handle the transformation process into an Awnsheghlien state, whether for a PC or NPC. The way I'm building these rules is to make the transformation similar to the already established rules on bloodlines and the generic guidelines toward the creation of an awnsheghlien. However, my goal is not just to repeat what has been in the rulebook(an awnshegh changes progressively and both his body and mind twist as he grows in power, blah blah blah...), but rather to establish a definite set of rules that acts as both a chart that shows the speed and steps of the transformation, as well as enough guidelines regarding the kind of changes, powers and curse that accompany the transformation. Once I'm done, I intend to post this(as well as my revised rule on Bloodlines in general, which could be of interest to some and serves as the basis for the Awnsheghlien transformation).

To give a preview, here's a few things I'm incorporating into this:
*A chart similar to the bloodline progression chart, which I call "The Road to Awnshegliendom" and which progresses through time, evil acts, usage of a few powers of the blood, and is ultimately limited by the Bloodform ability(major or great) and the bloodline score.
*Instead of blood abilities for each category, comes a change(minor, major, great; similar to the blood abilities yet different in their own way).
*Possible changes and their effects will be detailed as well.
*The taint of Azrai; or how a non-Azrai scion can be transformed into a scion of Azrai or even an awnshegh(Yeah, I really don't like the crappy oversimplified rules they made in the Book of Regency)
*Examples of how those rules would work for already established awnsheghlien(hopefully this part works, lol :P)

Now, as far as I'm aware, there's never been any sort of definite rules established for dealing with awnsheghlien transformation(and I know from having read the mailing list years ago, and this website for quite a while, that it is still a headache for many DMs, including me). Has there been?

Before I complete this, I'm looking for ideas and comments from those interested on related topics. What would you think could hasten or slow down the transformation process? How much power do you think an awnshegh garners through the transformation? How to handle the psychological elements of the transformation? What kind of changes would an awnshegh possibly go through during his transformation? What else would you people like to see in this? etc...

If you're interested in this, please reply and post your ideas and comments. Anything is useful :)