Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They did enough to weaken him so that he couldn't be in the forefront but still has power mainly through his new sub gods. He is slowly gathering strength to mount a come back. Or so legend goes.

By the way who said you had to like it?
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    He is slowly gathering strength to mount a come back.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats the way I like to see it, Azrai sitting back in his own mordor waiting for the right time to make a come back.
    In fact, I have been thinking of an adventure for when the PC's in my group have become strong enough, and have exhausted the 20 some adventures I already have set up for them. The first part would be a search to find a tome, made just after deismaar by an unkown wizard, which contains the secrets on ridding the world of the evil Azrai bloodline. The tome itself lies in Thaele, garded by an ancient dragon. The tome also requires two other items to be able to work, an orb, and a sceptor. The orb lies in the tarvan waste, and the sceptor lies in the battle-fens, they are both garded by their own ancient dragon. To be able to perform the ceremony the would have to conduct a bloodtheft from an unwilling opponant while holding the sceptor, and an ally holding the orb within 10' of the sceptor. It can also be done on a willing person as an investure ceremony, which would rid the person of their whole bloodline. In either case the sceptor transfers the bloodline into the orb. The orb grows from clear, its current state, to a light shade of gray, and gets darker with each transfer. Once the orb is completely black, meaning all, or most of the major awnshegh have been destroyed, the tome calls for a ceremony. This ceremony opens a portal to the SW in which the cold rider can come through. If the cold rider gets possession of the orb....
    Cattle die and kinsmen die,
    thyself too soon must die,
    but one thing never, I ween, will die, --
    fair fame of one who has earned.
    HAVAMAL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Failure or doing the wrong thing would awaken Azrai and return him to rule?
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Lord Eldred

Failure or doing the wrong thing would awaken Azrai and return him to rule?
    In my oppinion this might be. Naturally he wouldn't be a greater god at first, but beware...
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    In my opinion the "Hands" receive their spells from Belinik and Kriesha. In my campaign, Azrai has still some hidden, mysterious power, which slumbers in the land.

Considering the Demi-God problem, note that there are priests from the Serpent around. it is nowhere detailed mentioned where the power comes from, but there are hints that the Serpent is a Demi-God and grants spells to the followers. However, I think the Gorgon is not a God at all.
    my purpose is now to lead you into the Pallace where you shall have a clear and delightful view of all those various objects, and scattered excellencies, that lye up and down upon the face of creation, which are only seen by those that go down into the Seas, and by no other....

Downloads
    Uploads
    IMC Azrai and the Cold Rider are one and the same. Azrai´s priests are found mainly in Aduria and the Shadow World (Halfling Domain Lords from Blood Spawn), but a few of his faithful form the Hand/Fingers of Azrai in Cerilia. They all gain their spells and powers from Azrai (I have created his priesthood for my AD&D2 campaign).
    The Serpent has become a demigod after having oppressed the Masetians (the Serpent was a Masetian once) for more than 1000 years.
    The Gorgon is on his way to godhood, however he will have to mirror the Serpents´ achievement. Quite a difficult task :) .
    wotc = wizards of the cash

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't hink Azrai and the Cold Rider are the same. As I have shown previously I also don' think there should be "official" Azrai priests around. this give's away some of the mysterious aspects in the cerilia.
    my purpose is now to lead you into the Pallace where you shall have a clear and delightful view of all those various objects, and scattered excellencies, that lye up and down upon the face of creation, which are only seen by those that go down into the Seas, and by no other....

Downloads
    Uploads
    The tome, orb, and sceptor were actually made by Azrai so that if he was destroyed he would have a way back. In my head I have the cold rider as the essence of Azrai, or the actual hand of azrai, powerful enough to be a demi-god, and grants spells to the hand of azrai priests. When enough of Azrai's essence is gathered into the orb, means that if it is combined with the cold rider, who Knows how to do this since he is Azrai in a way, will cause the reformation of Azrai in full. He won't be as powerful as before because some of his essence has been lost, or not recovered, but he would be more the Haelyns equal. The adventure should work for both good or evil characters, evil wanting to bring back Azrai, and good thinking that they are ridding the world of evil. I think I would have it starting as a to real and recurring dream which won't let the PC's rest until they do something about it.
    Cattle die and kinsmen die,
    thyself too soon must die,
    but one thing never, I ween, will die, --
    fair fame of one who has earned.
    HAVAMAL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Azrai

I don't hink Azrai and the Cold Rider are the same. As I have shown previously I also don' think there should be "official" Azrai priests around. this give's away some of the mysterious aspects in the cerilia.
    Have you read Blood Spawn? There is one sentence which reveals exactly that, somewhere in the adventure with the Seelie and their queen, saying:
    She has also heard the that the Cold Rider has enlisted the aid of his old servants, the Lost.
    Quite revealing given the fact that three of the Lost have already returned to Cerilia (el-Sheighül, the Magian, and the Raven).
    As for the "official" Azrai priests, they´re mentioned but not described in Havens of the Great Bay and Blood Enemies. Maybe they worship Azrai through Belinik and Kriesha.
    IMO it actually heightens the mystery. Wasn´t Azrai supposed to be dead, replaced by Belinik and Kriesha? Where did those priests come from, as there are no other temples dedicated to Azrai in Cerilia? Do they really get their power from Azrai, or are they imposters?
    wotc = wizards of the cash

Downloads
    Uploads
    There was a source book about the COld Rider under construction, but I think it was canceld due to the TSR breakdown. Of course one could argue, that the COld Rider is some essence of Azrai, but I don't think so. seems more, that the designer planned to make some kind of shadow world awnseghlien, this I conclude from several product previews.

Thread Information