Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Birthright Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awnshegh would be more of a subtype than an actual type. I.e. magical beast (awnshegh), or monstrous humanoid (awnshegh) - this is how to stay the closest to core D&D rules, I believe.

I think I'd throw the Hydra and the Wolf in as magical beasts. The Wolf is, as I recall, fairly intelligent for its type (reminiscent of worgs, for instance, which are smart, and thus magical beasts). The Hydra has various heads with different abilities, no? Besides, both have bloodlines, which disqualify them from any "non-magical" type like animal or beast.

If you interpret the outsider type in a certain way (following the "native" outsider paradigm from the FR, for instance), you *could* interpret awnsheghlien all as outsiders. I don't think this is ideal in any way, however - with a couple of possible exceptions, none are outsiders in the traditional sense. The raven *might* be, the kraken *might* be. It would generally be more accurate to stat them in the best possible fit for a type, however, rather than try and jam all of them into the same type. If you make awnsheghs native outsiders, that would by logical extension also make blooded PCs native outsiders, which will give them even more power.
    Jan E. Juvstad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    And what's with the Hag? I would put her in the category "monstrous humanoid" (to your interpretation), but on the picture of "blood enemies" she has some kind of tentakles as feet. To me she is better placed as "alien-form" (outsider) or something....

May be the Manticore has the same problem...

@ Mark_Aurel:
    May be you can put only scions with greater and true bloodlines, Ersheglien and Awnsheglien in the category (native) outsider, all others simply aren't powerfull enough...
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Birthright Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hag and manticore - monstrous humanoids. Having alternate feet akin to a centaur can still put you as a monstrous humanoid. Being an outsider isn't a matter of appearance - it's a matter of origin. Of course, the designers themselves are convenient enough about it to not apply it consistently.
    Jan E. Juvstad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmmm...., the bloodlines have the origin of gods. Gods are (if I'm right) outsiders. May be you can argument this way...
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Thread Information