Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    has anyone allowed their players to play awnseagh? i have slowely developed three players to become awnsaegh. they have enjoyed it and so have i. they have a long history on how they developed into this (2yrs). has anyone done this. how have you transformed them? mine was slow. they had cursed blood lines and the greater their increase in bp and in twisted actions the greater the transformation. first i let them choose their regular azrai abilities with a bp cost. then they can have up to their bp in specail ablities aprropriate to their character. then i give an equal cost of flaws that go with it. they can be mental, physical or whatever? please let me know how you feel.
    "...killing fellow humans carries a psycological cost, elves however..."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a player who slowly became a gargoyle awnshegh. The changes began to happen fairly rapidly due to the player encouraging its development and seeking to manifest the bloodline abilities. Unfortunately, that campaign split up and the character wasn't ever fully converted. I was opposed to the idea initially, but after some convincing it proved to be an interesting character. Though if allowed to get out of hand it can imbalance the campaign for normal characters.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes i agree. balance is very very important. you definatly dont want one character to be more pwerful than the others. this leads to discontent.
    "...killing fellow humans carries a psycological cost, elves however..."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that as long as it is one that is developed closely with DM input it would be ok. However, taking over an already existing one would make the game way unbalanced.

I have not yet and do not plan on letting either happen in my campaign, however.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where is the border line between a "simple" Azrai scion and an awnsheigh ?
    Are you sure Attila the hun was human ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by goblin_khan

Where is the border line between a "simple" Azrai scion and an awnsheigh ?

Your physical body. If you use your Azrai blood too much, then you start transforming into an Awnshegh. In one of the adventures, it was possible to have your Blood go to the "Dark Side." ie. become a scion of Azrai.

As for Atilla, in a campaign setting I have in my head, Atilla the Hun was devestatingly defeated and asked a God for help in defeating the Romans. Grummsh answered the call and changed all the huns into orcs.
    Regent of Medoere

Downloads
    Uploads
    Turned the huns into orcs! Now that is funny!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by faehew

has anyone allowed their players to play awnseagh? i have slowely developed three players to become awnsaegh. they have enjoyed it and so have i. they have a long history on how they developed into this (2yrs). has anyone done this. how have you transformed them? mine was slow. they had cursed blood lines and the greater their increase in bp and in twisted actions the greater the transformation. first i let them choose their regular azrai abilities with a bp cost. then they can have up to their bp in specail ablities aprropriate to their character. then i give an equal cost of flaws that go with it. they can be mental, physical or whatever? please let me know how you feel.
    A PC started the slide in the campaign I am in currently. He ran a minor awnseigh through with his sword and his Anduiras blood changed to Asrai. He lfought to control it for several game years but he went downhill when he later obtained a bloodsword known as "the Traitor" and bloodthefted all of the people that Drake was planning on bloodthefting in the "Warlock of the Stonecrowns".

By that point he had become so dangerous (and hideous) that we were about to put him down, until a priest of Cuiracaen we were fighting stole his blood. Scarily enough, he was saved by taking lessons with the Siren and the Chimaera on how to control his urges. Ultimately we found a way to purge the Asrai blood out of his system and replace it with Reynir. Unfortunately by then the player's domain had turned against him and chose a new ruler.

The whole thing was fun to play. Thankfully the player is a good roleplayer and the DM is one of the best I've played with. It was a pretty good tale of fall and redemption.

Tzarevitch

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you allow your players to become Awnsheglien you should allow them to become Ersheglien as well. Awnsheglien get too powerfull with the progress in levels so there must be a scion to stop them... That's a question of game balance!
    What's better to stop an emerging Awnshegh than an emerging Ershegh?
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Answer: An emerging Awnsheghlien

bad guys don't have to get along :P

Thread Information